- Help Desk
- Accounts & Services
- Hardware & Software
- Internet & Telephone
- Labs & Classrooms
- Safe Computing
- About ITS
Login & Resources
Mailman is a web-based software for managing electronic mail discussion and e-newsletter lists, including the following features:
- Built-in archiving
- Automatic bounce processing
- Content filtering
- Digest delivery and more
Go to lists.macalester.edu to log in, and enter your Mailman password. Mailman accounts are not synched with Macalester accounts.
List member online manual for users includes:
- How to subscribe and unsubscribe from mailing lists.
- How to change your account's personal options.
- How to interact with other parts of the Mailman system.
List manager online manual includes:
- How to set up your own lists.
- Descriptions of options and controls.
- Learn how to manage the membership of your mailing list.
- How do I request my Mailman password be sent to my email?
- How do I change my Mailman password to be the same for all of my mailing list subscriptions?
- How do I change my Mailman subscription options?
- Why doesn't my username/password work to access the archives for the faculty, staff, or student notification mailing list?
- How do Mailman list administrators manually add new subscribers?
- How do I send an email to a Mailman mailing list?
- How do I request a Mailman mailing list?
- How can I find the list of members in my mailing list on lists.macalester.edu? I want to find all the member of a class email list or other list. Can I receive that by email?
- Who is responsible or the approver for the on-campus mailing lists?
- How are mailing lists populated? Is it okay to manually add a user to a mailing list? Please give a Mainman Overview. How often are mailing lists populated/updated?
- How can I tend to pending moderator requests for my Mailman mailing lists?