Software License Keys
Macalester College is required to renew our software licenses each year. Faculty and staff may continue to use a previous version of the software as long as a current license for the previous version is used.
| Software license keys |
- ATLAS.ti is a computer program used mostly in qualitative research or qualitative data analysis. The license key expires each year on June 1. A new license key is required each year; project files will are preserved should there be a delay in updating the license key.
| ATLAS.ti install instructions for Apple OS X | ATLAS.ti for MS Windows (exe) |
- ArcGIS is a geographic information software package used for data mapping and visualization; available to Macalester faculty and staff for research and non-commercial purposes. Request a copy:
| Academic Information Associate (AIA) | email@example.com |
- IBM-SPSS is a statistics and data analysis program.
| SPSS 23.0 for Apple OS X (dmg) | SPSS 23.0 for MS Windows - 32-bit (exe) |
SPSS 23.0 for MS Windows - 64-bit (exe) |
- Citrix Receiver is a software client that allows remote access to Advance, Stromberg, EMS, and more.
| Citrix Receiver setup instructions for Apple OS X |
| Citrix Receiver 12.1 for Apple OS X (dmg) | Citrix Receiver 4.1 for MS Windows (exe) |
- Mathematica is an advanced mathematics application, useful for programming, statistics and graphical representations.
| Mathematica 10.2 for Apple OS X (dmg) | Mathematica 10.2 for MS Windows (exe) |
- VPN is a virtual private network to enable connections to computing systems from off campus. GlobalProtect Agent is used to for remote connections.
| VPN Information | Download GlobalProtect Agent instructions |
- Anti-virus solutions keep your computer safe from viruses. Free downloads for each operating system are available.
| Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows | Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac Home Edition |
- ATLAS.ti is a computer program used mostly in qualitative research or qualitative data analysis.
| ATLAS.ti for personally owned Apple OS X (dmg) | ATLAS.ti for personally owned MS Windows (exe) |
- ChemDraw is a molecular modeling program.
| ChemDraw download instructions |
- JMP is a data analysis and visualization package.
| JMP 12.1 for Apple OS X (dmg) | JMP 12.1 for MS Windows (exe) |
- Mathematica for students is an advanced mathematics application, useful for programming, statistics and graphical representations.
| Mathematica for students download instructions (gdoc) |
- MATLAB for students is a is a high-performance language for technical computing. It integrates computation, visualization, and programming in an easy-to-use environment where problems and solutions are expressed in familiar mathematical notation.
| MATLAB for students download instructions (gdoc) |
- Microsoft Office for students Purchase Microsoft Office at a discount from The Highlander - The Shop at Macalester.
| Purchase Microsoft Office at a discount for students |
- Microsoft Office for faculty and staff is available to purchase at a discount for long as you are employed at the College and purchase using the our program code.
| Microsoft's Home Use Program (HUP) | Macalester College Program Code |
- R is a programming language and development environment for statistical computing and graphics.
| R for Apple OS X | R for MS Windows |