Neill Hall 314
Faculty and Staff
ITS provides voice services including campus landlines, voice mail, and voice conferencing. Telephone service and voice mail are provided for faculty and staff, with some individuals sharing a phone.
Resident halls and houses also have telephones in common areas and can make calls to the Twin Cities for free. If you are interested in having a phone in your room, check out the 11 Things students should know about their on-campus telephone and voice mail service before completing and submitting the student telecom request form (form requires Macalester College username and password to view).
Quick Reference Guides
- How do I make calls with a campus phone?
- Where can I look up a campus phone number?
- Where can I look up an off-campus phone number?
- How do I transfer a call directly to an individual's voice mailbox?
- How do I make an international call from an on-campus phone?
- Why is my call to area code 507 or 320 not going through?
- Why is my call to area code 612, 763, or 952 not going through?
- Why is my message light flashing when I have no voice mail messages?
- How do I make a long distance or international call using a departmental authorization code?
Smartphone, iPad, and Tablet FAQ
- How do I register my smartphone to use the wireless network?
- How do I set up Macalester's email on my iPhone/iPod Touch's email application?
- How do I set up Macalester's calendar on my iPhone/iPod Touch's calendar application?
- Why won't the Remote app on my iPhone/iPod Touch see my computer on the macalester-student wireless?
- How do I change the wireless key on my iPhone or iPad?
- Where do I find the MAC Address (or hardware address) for a Samsung smartphone?
- How do I access Citrix from my iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad?
- How do I choose which Google calendars sync to my iPhone or iPad?