Neill Hall 314
Students living in residence halls or on-campus houses may request a phone and voice mail.
Faculty and staff
Faculty and staff are set up with a voice mail account that will pick up unanswered calls after three rings or when the line is busy.
Voice mail features
- Ability to restore deleted messages before ending current session.
- Store up to 20 minutes of messages for 30 days.
- All messages are accepted, even when the mailbox is full.
- The telephone number of the caller is announced as part of the message envelope, when the call is from off campus.
- Control when and if you decide to block messages, usually during an extended absence or vacation.
Voice Mail How-Tos
Sample Voice Mail Greetings
||Andrew Carnegie extension 6168|
||[Personal Verification] is not available to take your call. Please leave a message at the tone.
||Hello. You’ve reached the voice mailbox of [your name] at Macalester College. I am sorry I can’t take your call right now, please leave me a message at the tone and I will get back to you. To by-pass this greeting in future, press #. Thank you.
NOTE: All callers hear the external greeting when no internal greeting is recorded.
|Hello. Today is Monday, [date] and I will be out of the office until [date]. Should you need immediate assistance, please contact (person/department) at extension XXXX.|
|Hello. Today is Monday, [date] and I will be out of the office until [date]. Please leave me a message and I will return your call. Should you need immediate assistance, please contact (person/department) at extension XXXX.|