Neill Hall 314
Self-Paced Training Resources
||Argos is a Windows-only reporting solution that is accessed via the Web. Mac OS users must access Argos using Citrix. Argos Information|
|dotCMS||dotCMS is a Web-based content management system that makes it easy for website contributors to add and edit content. dotCMS Information|
|Google Apps||Macalester uses Google Apps to provide the community with email, calendaring, and file collaboration. Members of the community are provided an account as part of their login credentials. Google Apps Information|
|Google Apps Extras||Blogger, Google+, Maps, News, Picasa Web Albums, Reader, etc. are available to the Macalester community. Additional Google Apps Extras are made available to the Macalester community. Google Apps Extras Information|
|Listserv (Mailman)||Mailman (listserv) is a web-based software for managing electronic mail discussion and e-newsletter mailing lists. Mailman Information|
|Moodle||Faculty use Moodle, the College’s Learning Management System (LMS), to create online learning communities that support teaching and learning. Moodle Information|
|Microsoft Office||College-owned computers have Microsoft Office installed. Microsoft Office Information|
Classes, Workshops, and Training Sessions
Should you have a training need for your department or group, email email@example.com and we’ll consult with you to find the best option.
ITS offers instructor-led workshops and hands-on training sessions for faculty and staff at the following campus-wide programs:
- Google Apps: Go Beyond the Basics in November sign up to attend a hands-on workshop.
- January Thaw And Chautauqua for staff, sponsored by Employment Services.
- Professional Activities Workshops for faculty, sponsored by the Jan Serie Center for Scholarship and Teaching.
Off-Campus Training Resources
- Employment Services' Staff Training and Development Assistance offers personal training based on available funding.
- Computer Education Center Science Museum of Minnesota offers more than 200 courses covering 80+ subjects.
- Microsoft Store at the Mall of America offers one-on-one or group training sessions for their latest Windows and Microsoft Office programs. Contact the ITS Help Desk for more information.
- At Lynda.com you can choose from two levels of monthly or annual subscriptions and get access to thousands of software training videos any time. Check out their free video tutorials before you subscribe.