Held during your regular class time, this is an in-depth, hands-on session with discipline-specific library resources, integrated with course assignments. It goes beyond the basics covered in first-year courses to concentrate on scholarly communication and information within a discipline.
The specifics of the session will depend on the needs of the faculty and students. Past instruction sessions have included:
- Narrowing topics
- Selecting and using appropriate resources
- Primary, secondary and tertiary sources
- Academic integrity
- Citation management
- Copyright and intellectual property
- Open access and scholarly communication models
- Our schedule fills rapidly, especially in the fall, so please schedule early and be flexible about dates
- It is best to schedule the session(s) to coincide with a library research project.
- We often collaborate with faculty on developing the class research project Contact your Liaison Librarian for additional information.
Request a Course-Integrated Session (You will be contacted by your Liaison Librarian.)