- DeWitt Wallace Library
- Digital Initiatives
- For Faculty
- Media Services
- Technology Support
- Staff Directory
DeWitt Wallace Library
Search the Library Website
Film and Video Collection
The Library maintains a collection of more than 9,000 film and video titles. The collection is divided into a media collection and a popular DVD collection.
Films In Our DVD Collection
How to Search for Films in the Collection
The list above is by no means exhaustive. To search our media collection, either enter an exact title (example: "exact title") and limit the search to Videos, or you may wish to search by a specific category, followed by "dvds". Certain keyword searches will also yield results.
Film and Video Reserve Materials
- All media materials being used in Macalester courses should be placed on reserve at the Library Service Desk in the DeWitt Wallace Library
- Reserve materials will remain on reserve until the end of the semester.
- Professors wishing to place materials on reserve should use the Media Reserve Form.
- If a show date is given, the item will also be booked for the professor at that time so no one is able to check it out during the time it is needed.
The faculty member(s) that have placed materials on reserve are asked to check out the materials during the time period they will be used for class use or preparation only. (Please contact the Library Service Desk (651-696-6346) if this is longer than the regular 4 hour reserve check out period). The rest of the time the materials should remain in Media Services on reserve so they are accessible to the students of the class and other patrons who may have need of the same material.
- Macalester students may check out reserved media items for four hours only, no exceptions.
- If an item is checked out shortly before we close, it will be due when we open the following business day.
- There is an overdue charge of $0.25 per hour.
Regular Collection Materials
Macalester Faculty and Staff
- Media Materials can be checked out by faculty and staff for a one week loan period.
- If items are needed longer, please contact the Library Service Desk (651-696-6346).
- Students may check out items from the Media Services and Popular DVD collections for one week. There is an overdue charge of $0.50 per day.