DeWitt Wallace Library
Search the Library Website
Policies: Harmon Room Use
The library staff want the library space to be seen as a welcoming and inviting and open place for all members of the community. However, we also have to be mindful of the needs of the students who use the facility for the primary purposes of supporting their coursework, research needs, and social activity. In order to address sometimes conflicting needs for the use of our building, we have updated our Harmon Room reservation policy to balance those needs in the best possible manner.
These are our parameters for use of the Harmon Room during the academic year.
- Library functions, or other events sponsored or co-sponsored by the library.
- CST-sponsored events.
- Events sponsored by the Provost’s or President’s office.
- We will consider all events for Mac staff/faculty/students scheduled between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. that are sponsored by a campus department or registered student organization.
- Evening events will be scheduled only if there is no other available appropriate space on campus. Evening events should involve no setup or food.
- No more than 2 events per day may be scheduled in the Harmon Room.
- No weekend events, except in special circumstances. Approval will be on a case-by-case basis.
- Harmon Room reservation requests may be directed to Jacki Betsworth, Library Office Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org, x6345). Email or phone requests are preferred. Reservations will be confirmed via the campus EMS reservation system as soon as possible, usually within 24-48 hours.
- The library office must receive reservation requests and setup information at least 14 calendar days in advance of the event. Requests for events with less than two week notice that do not include food or setup will be approved based on a case-by-case basis.
- Any audio-visual requests should be submitted at the time of the reservation. Last minute requests or changes must be submitted at least two full weekdays before the event. We cannot guarantee support after that time.
- The library is not able to provide microphones, sound equipment, white boards, or other presentation aids.
- Any scheduled Harmon Room event must be publicized on the campus events calendar by its sponsor.
We appreciate your understanding and support.
Policy approved by Library and Media Services Advisory Committee [11-15-2011]