- DeWitt Wallace Library
- About Us
- Archives and Special Collections
- Digital Initiatives
- For Faculty
- Media Services
- Technology Support
- Staff Directory
DeWitt Wallace Library
Search the Library Website
Harmon Room Reservation Policy
The library staff want the library space to be seen as a welcoming and inviting and open place for all members of the community. However, we also have to be mindful of the needs of the students who use the facility for the primary purposes of supporting their coursework, research needs, and social activity. In order to address sometimes conflicting needs for the use of our building, we have updated our Harmon Room reservation policy (October 8, 2014) to balance those needs in the best possible manner.
These are our parameters for use of the Harmon Room during the academic year:
- For Library functions, or other events sponsored or co-sponsored by the library
- For CST-sponsored events
- For events sponsored by the Provost’s or President’s office
- We will consider all events for Mac staff/faculty/students scheduled between 8 a.m. and midnight that are sponsored by a campus department or registered student organization
- No more than 2 events per day may be scheduled in the Harmon Room due to the amount of work involved in arranging, refreshing, and rearranging the room for each event. Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis
- Events that involve early entry or late exit, outside of normal library hours, will only be considered in special circumstances and must be approved at the time of booking by Library Director in consultation with Associate Library Director
- Harmon Room reservation requests may be directed via our Harmon Room Reservation Form to the library office
- Reservations will be confirmed via the campus EMS reservation system as soon as possible, usually within 24-48 hours
- The library office must receive reservation requests and setup information at least 14 days in advance of the event. Requests for events with fewer than 14 days notice that do not include food or setup will be approved on a case-by-case basis
Equipment and Supplies
- The Harmon Room has built-in projection capabilities including:
- a ceiling-mounted presentation screen
- data projector
- a wall-mounted large screen HD television
- Use of this equipment must be scheduled by indicating planned use at time of reservation
- Requests for equipment support beyond what is installed and routinely available in the Harmon Room (see bullet above) should be directed to Media Services Reservations
- The library is not able to provide white boards, easels, or markers or other presentation aids. Please bring your own supplies
- Basic support for equipment (assistance with set up of equipment, help with connecting laptop for presentations, etc) is available and must be requested at the time of reservation. Last minute requests or changes must be submitted at least two full weekdays before the event. We cannot guarantee support after that time.
- In most cases, a student employee from the Library (with back-up students from Media Services) will assist with projection support. This student will be assigned to the event and their name will be included on the internal Service Desk “Launch Pad” calendar. If needed, very basic back-up support can be provided by Library Service desk staff.
- The student employee will arrive 20 minutes before the event to clear the room, meet the presenter(s), and to ensure proper set up. When the equipment is ready, the student employee will depart.
- Any scheduled Harmon Room event that is not a private or closed event must be publicized on the campus events calendar by its sponsor.