DeWitt Wallace Library
Search the Library Website
Reserves/Moodle Copyright Permissions Service
This information is intended for use by faculty who plan to use reprinted or photocopied material for library course reserves and/or Moodle that does not fall within "Fair Use" guidelines.
Library staff will seek and pay for permission to use material that exceeds Fair Use. Macalester faculty: Please contact us using this form if you have any questions about copyright or seek copyright guidance in regards to course readings.
- Read about Fair Use in Macalester's Copyright Policy available through the web site of the Provost.
- Fair Use guidelines prohibit use of copyrighted materials from term to term, or using more than one article from a single journal issue, or more than one chapter from a book without obtaining permission.
- The library will request permission on behalf of faculty, and will remit royalty fees (if any) that may be required in order to obtain permission.
- Requests will be processed in the order they are received.
- Some requests may require up to 4 weeks of processing time, depending on response time from rightsholders.
If you have any questions, please contact Connie Karlen (x6545).