Ways to be an active MAFEL member:
Come to meetings and participate in the programs.
Be a host.
At the August Planning Meeting future program sites are
chosen. Volunteer to host a meeting at your place of business!
- a room that can accomodate up to 40 people
- refreshments (e.g. rolls, juice, coffee) - you will be reimbursed
- easel, flip chart, markers
- a map with instructions on how to reach your site and
where to park, sent to a Co-Chair approximately 6 weeks before the meeting
Be a Program Planner.
At the August Planning Meeting, future program topics
are chosen. Volunteer to plan one of the meetings! (Usually, programs have
at least two, and sometimes three planners, so you don't have to do it "solo".)
- meet with fellow Planners to determine an outline/agenda
for the meeting;
- determine if there will be guest speaker(s)* and schedule
* Normally honoraria are not offered, but lunch certainly can be provided;
speak with a Co-Chair about this.
- provide to a Co-Chair approximately 6 weeks before the
meeting date, a flyer for the program topic (used to announce the meeting
to the membership).
Join a Standing Committee (e.g., Membership, Grant)