Ways to be an active MAFEL member:
Come to meetings and participate in the programs.
Be a host.
At the August Planning Meeting future program sites are
chosen. Volunteer to host a meeting at your place of business!
- a room that can accomodate up to 40 people
- refreshments (e.g. rolls, juice, coffee) - you will be reimbursed
- easel, flip chart, markers
- a map with instructions on how to reach your site and
where to park, sent to a Co-Chair approximately 6 weeks before the meeting
Be a Program Planner.
At the August Planning Meeting, future program topics
are chosen. Volunteer to plan one of the meetings! (Usually, programs have
at least two, and sometimes three planners, so you don't have to do it "solo".)
- meet with fellow Planners to determine an outline/agenda
for the meeting;
- determine if there will be guest speaker(s)* and schedule
* Normally honoraria are not offered, but lunch certainly can be provided;
speak with a Co-Chair about this.
- provide to a Co-Chair approximately 6 weeks before the
meeting date, a flyer for the program topic (used to announce the meeting
to the membership).
Join a Standing Committee (e.g., Membership, Grant)
Photo courtesy of Nathan Borror on Flickr.
MAFEL Membership Request Form
(MAFEL annual membership dues are for the period
of June 1st
through May 31st)
Download the MAFEL Membership Form 2013-14
Benefits of MAFEL membership
...bi-monthly networking/guided discussion meetings
...an annual formal professional development seminar.
...a membership directory.
...Great networking! The opportunity to establish ties between education programs and organizations
which offer experiential learning opportunities.
... Eligibility for student scholarships and travel grants
...a strong relationship with several top experiential education focused national organizations, including:
How to get the most out of your MAFEL membership:
- ATTEND the programs listed in our Meetings and Events page .
- VOLUNTEER to be on a planning committee or hold a leadership position.
- PRESENT/FACILITATE a program individually or as a team.
- HOST a program at your facility.
- MENTOR someone new to the field.
- INVITE others to come to meetings and join MAFEL http://www.macalester.edu/mafel/
- NETWORK, NETWORK, NETWORK! Mingle with members at the programs PLUS pick up a copy of the membership list at the meeting.
Current Member Organizations