- Macalester College Student Government
- About MCSG
- Elections and Legislation
- Committees and Boards
- Meeting Information
Ruth Stricker Dayton Campus Center, Room 235
The Financial Affairs Commission (FAC) manages MCSG's money (i.e. the student activity fee). We work with student organizations to efficiently and responsibly allocate money for events and programs in and around the Macalester community. We review budget submissions for the upcoming academic year during the last half of the current academic year. Throughout the course of every semester we also review any requests for additional allocations that student orgs may have.
The FAC consists of nine to ten members of the student body. Several of these members are elected members of MCSG while the others are appointed from the greater student body through an application process.
- Dan Yee ‘16 (email@example.com) - FAC Chair
- Nicola Morrow ‘17 (firstname.lastname@example.org) - Bookkeeper
- Jack Chen ‘18 (email@example.com) - At Large Member
- Johannes Davies ‘18 (firstname.lastname@example.org) - MCSG Rep
- Shi Hui Sheena Diong (email@example.com) - At Large Member
- Nick Guo ‘17 (firstname.lastname@example.org) - At Large Member (Spring)
- Peace Madimutsa ‘17 (email@example.com) - MCSG Rep (Fall)
- Taneeya Rele ‘19 (firstname.lastname@example.org) - MCSG Rep
- Cory Stern ‘16 (email@example.com) - At Large Member
- Qiuhan Sun ‘18 (firstname.lastname@example.org) - At Large Member
- To be Elected MCSG Rep
- Joan Maze (email@example.com) - Advisor
The goal of the FAC is to have members that represent various backgrounds and viewpoints on campus.
The FAC and MCSG can only allocate money through official student organizations. The FAC through our own review process can allocate requests of up to $500. Any requests greater than $500 will be reviewed by the FAC and will then proceed to a vote by the full Legislative Body with the FAC's recommendation. All FAC decisions can be appealed to the Legislative Body at their weekly meetings held at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesdays.
Chair Office Hours
MCSG Office (Campus Center, 2nd Floor)
- Sunday: 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Tuesday: 3:00 - 4:30 pm
- Friday: 12:00 - 1:00 pm
2014-15 Academic year: FAC Liaisons
Introducing FAC Liaisons! Each student org has been assigned a liaison to the FAC. Email your liaison with any questions, comments, or concerns about requests or budgeting, or events in general. If you choose to come to an FAC or MCSG meeting, your liaison will help make introductions and guide you through the meeting and the process of approval at the MCSG meeting. Find your org liaison here.
2014-2015 Budgeting Deadlines
Budgets for the 2014-2015 school year are due Friday, April 4, 2014 at midnight. Please attend our budgeting workshop on March 11, 11:45-1:00pm in the Leonard Center's Hall of Fame Room. Please email your FAC Liaison if you have questions.