- Apr 24 Guerrilla Warfare and Violence against Mexican Civilians in the U.S.-Mexican War of 1846-1848
- Apr 24 Thursday Noon Recital
- Apr 24 Philosophy Colloquium - David Wong
- Apr 24 Eva von Dassow on “Making Myth in Mesopotamia: The Reign of Erra, God of War"
- Apr 25 Critical Theory Symposium: "Biopolitics and Ideology"
My name is Nate Juergens and I am a junior from Macalester studying abroad in Cape Town, South Africa this semester. Recently some friends and I went on a road trip to Namibia. We went during our fall break t with ten Americans in a big van. There were four of us on the Namibia trip from Mac. The Sossusvlei was our third stop on the trip; before we went to the Fish River Canyon (the second largest canyon in the world), and to Keetmanshoop and the Quiver Tree Forest (a crazy forest of very strange desert trees).
After the Sossusvlei we went to the ocean town of Swakopmund, then to through the capital city of Windhoek on our drive back to Cape Town. It was an eight day trip overall, Saturday March 20th through Saturday March 27th.