- Sep 1 New Student Orientation
- Sep 1 Orientation: MacReads Lecture for First Year Students
- Sep 2 Classes Begin
- Sep 2 New Traditions: 2014 Faculty Exhibition
- Sep 4 Author Daniel Gilbert to Speak at Opening Convocation
- Sep 5 Taste of Service and Involvement Fair
- Sep 6 Cheer on the Scots in Their Home Opener
- Sep 18 EnviroThursday - "Helping Forests Adapt to a Changing Climate"
- Sep 18 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Film "The Act of Killing"
- Sep 19 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Poster sessions and roundtable presentations/discussions
My name is Nate Juergens and I am a junior from Macalester studying abroad in Cape Town, South Africa this semester. Recently some friends and I went on a road trip to Namibia. We went during our fall break t with ten Americans in a big van. There were four of us on the Namibia trip from Mac. The Sossusvlei was our third stop on the trip; before we went to the Fish River Canyon (the second largest canyon in the world), and to Keetmanshoop and the Quiver Tree Forest (a crazy forest of very strange desert trees).
After the Sossusvlei we went to the ocean town of Swakopmund, then to through the capital city of Windhoek on our drive back to Cape Town. It was an eight day trip overall, Saturday March 20th through Saturday March 27th.