- Mar 31 Inaugural Lecture of Thomas Halverson, DeWitt Wallace Professor of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
- Apr 2 Discussion: Greece in Turmoil
- Apr 11 Macalester Concert Choir and Highland Camerata
- Apr 12 Chopin Society presents pianist Yevgeny Sudbin
- Apr 12 Wind Ensemble Concert
- Apr 14 Global Citizens Celebration
- Apr 17 Chamber Ensemble Concert
- Apr 19 Early Music Ensemble Concert
- Apr 24 Spring Dance Concert
- Apr 26 Pipe Band Concert
My name is Nate Juergens and I am a junior from Macalester studying abroad in Cape Town, South Africa this semester. Recently some friends and I went on a road trip to Namibia. We went during our fall break t with ten Americans in a big van. There were four of us on the Namibia trip from Mac. The Sossusvlei was our third stop on the trip; before we went to the Fish River Canyon (the second largest canyon in the world), and to Keetmanshoop and the Quiver Tree Forest (a crazy forest of very strange desert trees).
After the Sossusvlei we went to the ocean town of Swakopmund, then to through the capital city of Windhoek on our drive back to Cape Town. It was an eight day trip overall, Saturday March 20th through Saturday March 27th.