- Jan 30 Opening conversation for "The Soul Selects her own Society: Women Artists from the Miller Meigs Collection"
- Feb 3 Taste of Service
- Feb 3 Macalester New Music Series presents INTERSECTION: Jazz Meets Classical Song
- Feb 4 'Moving Beyond Minnesota Nice:' Engaging Diversity in the Classroom
- Feb 12 Mitau Lecture
- Feb 17 Black History Month Keynote: Dr. Joy DeGruy - "Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome"
- Feb 18 Mental Health Awareness Film & Speaker
- Feb 19 The Inaugural Lecture of James Dawes as DeWitt Wallace Professor of English
- Feb 19 Robert Blanchette on "Tombs, sunken ships and historic huts: studying ancient wood reveals secrets from the past"
- Feb 19 Chamber Music at Macalester: Brahms Clarinet Quintet with Osmo Vanska
My name is Nate Juergens and I am a junior from Macalester studying abroad in Cape Town, South Africa this semester. Recently some friends and I went on a road trip to Namibia. We went during our fall break t with ten Americans in a big van. There were four of us on the Namibia trip from Mac. The Sossusvlei was our third stop on the trip; before we went to the Fish River Canyon (the second largest canyon in the world), and to Keetmanshoop and the Quiver Tree Forest (a crazy forest of very strange desert trees).
After the Sossusvlei we went to the ocean town of Swakopmund, then to through the capital city of Windhoek on our drive back to Cape Town. It was an eight day trip overall, Saturday March 20th through Saturday March 27th.