- Dec 7 Macalester Early Music Ensemble
- Dec 7 Macalester African Music Ensemble
- Dec 8 Macalester Asian Music Ensemble
- Dec 8 Mac Jazz
- Dec 9 Classes End
- Dec 13 Support Recovery and Rebuilding Efforts in the Philippines
- Jan 27 Classes Begin
- Feb 20 The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui
- Apr 10 In the Blood
- May 6 Classes End
My name is Nate Juergens and I am a junior from Macalester studying abroad in Cape Town, South Africa this semester. Recently some friends and I went on a road trip to Namibia. We went during our fall break t with ten Americans in a big van. There were four of us on the Namibia trip from Mac. The Sossusvlei was our third stop on the trip; before we went to the Fish River Canyon (the second largest canyon in the world), and to Keetmanshoop and the Quiver Tree Forest (a crazy forest of very strange desert trees).
After the Sossusvlei we went to the ocean town of Swakopmund, then to through the capital city of Windhoek on our drive back to Cape Town. It was an eight day trip overall, Saturday March 20th through Saturday March 27th.