- Feb 28 Staged Reading: "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf"
- Mar 6 Founders Day
- Mar 7 Macalester Orchestra Concerto Concert
- Mar 8 Chopin Society presents pianist Nelson Goerner
- Mar 31 Inaugural Lecture of Thomas Halverson, DeWitt Wallace Professor of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
- Apr 11 Macalester Concert Choir and Highland Camerata
- Apr 12 Chopin Society presents pianist Yevgeny Sudbin
- Apr 12 Wind Ensemble Concert
- Apr 14 Global Citizens Celebration
- Apr 17 Chamber Ensemble Concert
Camping and Research with Professor Kelly MacGregor
Geology Professor Kelly MacGregor took a group of students to Montana this summer to study glaciers. Her current research focuses on understanding the role of glaciers in shaping alpine landscapes. She uses tools such as GPS, stream gauging stations, and good old-fashioned shovels to understand how glaciers behave over daily to annual timescales, and how they affect the rocky landscapes they occupy. Professor MacGregor also uses numerical models to simulate their role in creating the fantastic mountainous landscapes we see today.