- Nov 8 Opening Reception: Ni De Aqui Ni De Alla From Neither Here Nor There: New and Recent Work by Raoul Deal
- Nov 13 Greg Brick, on “The Rediscovery of French Saltpeter Caves in Minnesota”
- Nov 21 Highland Camerata and Concert Choir
- Nov 23 Chamber Ensemble Concert
- Nov 27 Thanksgiving Break
- Dec 5 Orchestra Concert
- Dec 6 Early Music Ensemble Concert
- Dec 6 African Music Ensemble Concert
- Dec 7 Asian Music Ensemble Concert
- Dec 7 MacJazz Concert
Professors Moe and Aanonsen Named to Endowed Chairs
September 24, 2010
President Brian Rosenberg and Provost Kathleen Murray are pleased to announce that Professor Karine Moe will hold the F.R. Bigelow Endowed Chair in Economics and Professor Lin Aanonsen will hold the O.T. Walter Endowed Professorship in Biology.
“Professors Moe and Aanonsen are not only exceptional teachers and scholars, but also leaders in the Macalester community,” said Murray. “We are delighted to recognize their many contributions to the college by naming them to these endowed chairs.”
The F.R. Bigelow Chair was established in 1965 by the Bigelow Foundation and is named after Frederick R. Bigelow, Macalester College Trustee from 1938-47. Moe is the third professor to hold this chair. Previous chair holders were Karl Egge, 1985-2010; and Robert Bunting, 1972-1984.
The O.T. Walter Professorship in Biology was established in 1968 by colleagues, friends and former students of Dr. Walter, chair of the biology department from 1922-63. Aanonsen is the fourth professor to hold this professorship. Previous Walter Professors were Jan Serie, 1999-2008; Eddie Hill, 1984-1999; and Claude (Scotty) Welch, 1972-1984.