- Feb 3 Taste of Service
- Feb 3 Macalester New Music Series presents INTERSECTION: Jazz Meets Classical Song
- Feb 4 'Moving Beyond Minnesota Nice:' Engaging Diversity in the Classroom
- Feb 12 Mitau Lecture
- Feb 17 Black History Month Keynote: Dr. Joy DeGruy - "Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome"
- Feb 18 Mental Health Awareness Film & Speaker
- Feb 19 The Inaugural Lecture of James Dawes as DeWitt Wallace Professor of English
- Feb 19 Robert Blanchette on "Tombs, sunken ships and historic huts: studying ancient wood reveals secrets from the past"
- Feb 19 Chamber Music at Macalester: Brahms Clarinet Quintet with Osmo Vanska
- Feb 20 Macathon 2015
Professors Moe and Aanonsen Named to Endowed Chairs
September 24, 2010
President Brian Rosenberg and Provost Kathleen Murray are pleased to announce that Professor Karine Moe will hold the F.R. Bigelow Endowed Chair in Economics and Professor Lin Aanonsen will hold the O.T. Walter Endowed Professorship in Biology.
“Professors Moe and Aanonsen are not only exceptional teachers and scholars, but also leaders in the Macalester community,” said Murray. “We are delighted to recognize their many contributions to the college by naming them to these endowed chairs.”
The F.R. Bigelow Chair was established in 1965 by the Bigelow Foundation and is named after Frederick R. Bigelow, Macalester College Trustee from 1938-47. Moe is the third professor to hold this chair. Previous chair holders were Karl Egge, 1985-2010; and Robert Bunting, 1972-1984.
The O.T. Walter Professorship in Biology was established in 1968 by colleagues, friends and former students of Dr. Walter, chair of the biology department from 1922-63. Aanonsen is the fourth professor to hold this professorship. Previous Walter Professors were Jan Serie, 1999-2008; Eddie Hill, 1984-1999; and Claude (Scotty) Welch, 1972-1984.