- Sep 1 New Student Orientation
- Sep 1 Orientation: MacReads Lecture for First Year Students
- Sep 2 Classes Begin
- Sep 2 New Traditions: 2014 Faculty Exhibition
- Sep 4 Author Daniel Gilbert to Speak at Opening Convocation
- Sep 5 Taste of Service and Involvement Fair
- Sep 6 Cheer on the Scots in Their Home Opener
- Sep 18 EnviroThursday - "Helping Forests Adapt to a Changing Climate"
- Sep 18 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Film "The Act of Killing"
- Sep 19 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Poster sessions and roundtable presentations/discussions
Partners in Health founder Paul Farmer spoke at the opening fall convocation.
Partners in Health is an international health and social justice nonprofit that became famous when its founder and his work served as the subject of Tracy Kidder’s 2003 book Mountains Beyond Mountains: The Quest of Dr. Paul Farmer, A Man Who Would Cure the World.
PIH began its work in Haiti in 1987 and now has projects in Rwanda, Russia, Malawi, Lesotho, and Peru. In 2009 Farmer was named United Nations Deputy Special Envoy to Haiti to assist in improving conditions in that country.