- Sep 26 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Sep 26 Inventory: New Paintings by Lisa Bergh and Andrew Nordin Opening Reception
- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
- Oct 23 Fall Break
- Oct 24 Fall Break
- Oct 29 Macalester New Music Series: Music from Copland House
Partners in Health founder Paul Farmer spoke at the opening fall convocation.
Partners in Health is an international health and social justice nonprofit that became famous when its founder and his work served as the subject of Tracy Kidder’s 2003 book Mountains Beyond Mountains: The Quest of Dr. Paul Farmer, A Man Who Would Cure the World.
PIH began its work in Haiti in 1987 and now has projects in Rwanda, Russia, Malawi, Lesotho, and Peru. In 2009 Farmer was named United Nations Deputy Special Envoy to Haiti to assist in improving conditions in that country.