- Apr 24 Guerrilla Warfare and Violence against Mexican Civilians in the US-Mexican War of 1846-1848
- Apr 24 Thursday Noon Recital
- Apr 24 Philosophy Colloquium - David Wong
- Apr 24 Eva von Dassow on “Making Myth in Mesopotamia: The Reign of Erra, God of War"
- Apr 25 Critical Theory Symposium: "Biopolitics and Ideology"
Partners in Health founder Paul Farmer spoke at the opening fall convocation.
Partners in Health is an international health and social justice nonprofit that became famous when its founder and his work served as the subject of Tracy Kidder’s 2003 book Mountains Beyond Mountains: The Quest of Dr. Paul Farmer, A Man Who Would Cure the World.
PIH began its work in Haiti in 1987 and now has projects in Rwanda, Russia, Malawi, Lesotho, and Peru. In 2009 Farmer was named United Nations Deputy Special Envoy to Haiti to assist in improving conditions in that country.