- Feb 3 Taste of Service
- Feb 3 Macalester New Music Series presents INTERSECTION: Jazz Meets Classical Song
- Feb 4 'Moving Beyond Minnesota Nice:' Engaging Diversity in the Classroom
- Feb 12 Mitau Lecture
- Feb 17 Black History Month Keynote: Dr. Joy DeGruy - "Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome"
- Feb 18 Mental Health Awareness Film & Speaker
- Feb 19 The Inaugural Lecture of James Dawes as DeWitt Wallace Professor of English
- Feb 19 Robert Blanchette on "Tombs, sunken ships and historic huts: studying ancient wood reveals secrets from the past"
- Feb 19 Chamber Music at Macalester: Brahms Clarinet Quintet with Osmo Vanska
- Feb 20 Macathon 2015
Collin is a blogger for The Orange, a student-driven blog for future students. He wrote about his experience interviewing Yang.
Kao Kalia Yang's book The Latehomecomer was chosen as Macalester's common reading.
Students and parents were encouraged to read the book over the summer and come ready to discuss the book with one another. Yang then visited campus to talk about her work.
Here, she sits down with student Collin Calvert '13.