- Apr 24 Guerrilla Warfare and Violence against Mexican Civilians in the US-Mexican War of 1846-1848
- Apr 24 Thursday Noon Recital
- Apr 24 Philosophy Colloquium - David Wong
- Apr 24 Eva von Dassow on “Making Myth in Mesopotamia: The Reign of Erra, God of War"
- Apr 25 Critical Theory Symposium: "Biopolitics and Ideology"
About the Pilgrims Download .MP3
Was there really a first Thanksgiving or is that holiday actually the fictional construct of a certain patriotic 19th century woman? What did the people living in 17th century Massachusetts really eat? And what did the real Pilgrims wear? Find out the answers to these and other pressing questions concerning our favorite gastronomic holiday by listening to this podcast with Macalester history professor Andrea Cremer, an expert on the early modern era in America.