- Apr 18 Mac Jazz
- Apr 25 Spring Dance Concert
- Apr 25 Macalester Choirs: Bach Cantata #161 & Fauré Requiem
- Apr 27 Spring Dance Concert
- Apr 27 Macalester Chamber Ensembles Concert
- May 3 Macalester African Music Ensemble
- May 5 Naming Ceremony for the Joan Adams Mondale Hall of Studio Art
- May 6 Classes End
- May 7 HARAMBEE! A Celebration of Multicultural Life at Macalester
- May 11 Chopin Society presents pianist Richard Goode
Macalester Talks - David Lanegran - Minnesota on the Map Download .MP3
Geography majors were invited to Professor David Lanegran's home for dinner.
Lanegran is an expert on urban development and planning issues, the history of the Twin Cities and the Iron Range area of Minnesota. He is also a resource on riverfront development in St. Paul. He is the co-author of Grand Avenue: The Renaissance of an Urban Street. He has published several books, including Minnesota on the Map: A Historical Atlas, and articles on urban and cultural geography.
His interests have led to extensive studies and comparisons of urban planning processes around the world. He teaches courses in human and urban geography.
What was the first multimedia device? Geography Professor David Lanegran says it was the map. In this episode of Macalester Talks, he discusses his new book Minnesota on the Map.