- Oct 24 Fall Break
- Oct 29 Macalester New Music Series: Music from Copland House
- Oct 31 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Nov 8 Opening Reception: Ni De Aqui Ni De Alla From Neither Here Nor There: New and Recent Work by Raoul Deal
- Nov 13 Greg Brick, on “The Rediscovery of French Saltpeter Caves in Minnesota”
- Nov 21 Highland Camerata and Concert Choir
- Nov 23 Chamber Ensemble Concert
- Nov 27 Thanksgiving Break
- Dec 5 Orchestra Concert
- Dec 6 Early Music Ensemble Concert
Macalester Talks - David Lanegran - Minnesota on the Map Download .MP3
Geography majors were invited to Professor David Lanegran's home for dinner.
Lanegran is an expert on urban development and planning issues, the history of the Twin Cities and the Iron Range area of Minnesota. He is also a resource on riverfront development in St. Paul. He is the co-author of Grand Avenue: The Renaissance of an Urban Street. He has published several books, including Minnesota on the Map: A Historical Atlas, and articles on urban and cultural geography.
His interests have led to extensive studies and comparisons of urban planning processes around the world. He teaches courses in human and urban geography.
What was the first multimedia device? Geography Professor David Lanegran says it was the map. In this episode of Macalester Talks, he discusses his new book Minnesota on the Map.