- Mar 6 Founders Day
- Mar 7 Macalester Orchestra Concerto Concert
- Mar 8 Chopin Society presents pianist Nelson Goerner
- Mar 31 Inaugural Lecture of Thomas Halverson, DeWitt Wallace Professor of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
- Apr 11 Macalester Concert Choir and Highland Camerata
- Apr 12 Chopin Society presents pianist Yevgeny Sudbin
- Apr 12 Wind Ensemble Concert
- Apr 14 Global Citizens Celebration
- Apr 17 Chamber Ensemble Concert
- Apr 19 Early Music Ensemble Concert
Macalester Talks - David Lanegran - Minnesota on the Map Download .MP3
Geography majors were invited to Professor David Lanegran's home for dinner.
Lanegran is an expert on urban development and planning issues, the history of the Twin Cities and the Iron Range area of Minnesota. He is also a resource on riverfront development in St. Paul. He is the co-author of Grand Avenue: The Renaissance of an Urban Street. He has published several books, including Minnesota on the Map: A Historical Atlas, and articles on urban and cultural geography.
His interests have led to extensive studies and comparisons of urban planning processes around the world. He teaches courses in human and urban geography.
What was the first multimedia device? Geography Professor David Lanegran says it was the map. In this episode of Macalester Talks, he discusses his new book Minnesota on the Map.