- Apr 27 Pop and Jazz Combos Concert
- Apr 28 The Macalester Viol Consort Presents a Lunch Concert
- May 1 Opening reception for the Senior Thesis Show
- May 1 Off-Kilter Spring Concert
- May 2 African Music Ensemble Concert
- May 3 Have a Folktastic Time with Flying Fingers!
- May 9 Scotch Tape A cappella Final Concert
- May 10 Chopin Society presents pianist Nikolay Khozyainov
- May 16 Baccalaureate and Commencement
- May 16 Commencement
Macalester Talks - David Lanegran - Minnesota on the Map Download .MP3
Geography majors were invited to Professor David Lanegran's home for dinner.
Lanegran is an expert on urban development and planning issues, the history of the Twin Cities and the Iron Range area of Minnesota. He is also a resource on riverfront development in St. Paul. He is the co-author of Grand Avenue: The Renaissance of an Urban Street. He has published several books, including Minnesota on the Map: A Historical Atlas, and articles on urban and cultural geography.
His interests have led to extensive studies and comparisons of urban planning processes around the world. He teaches courses in human and urban geography.
What was the first multimedia device? Geography Professor David Lanegran says it was the map. In this episode of Macalester Talks, he discusses his new book Minnesota on the Map.