- Feb 3 Taste of Service
- Feb 3 Macalester New Music Series presents INTERSECTION: Jazz Meets Classical Song
- Feb 4 'Moving Beyond Minnesota Nice:' Engaging Diversity in the Classroom
- Feb 12 Mitau Lecture
- Feb 17 Black History Month Keynote: Dr. Joy DeGruy - "Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome"
- Feb 18 Mental Health Awareness Film & Speaker
- Feb 19 The Inaugural Lecture of James Dawes as DeWitt Wallace Professor of English
- Feb 19 Robert Blanchette on "Tombs, sunken ships and historic huts: studying ancient wood reveals secrets from the past"
- Feb 19 Chamber Music at Macalester: Brahms Clarinet Quintet with Osmo Vanska
- Feb 20 Macathon 2015
Macalester Talks - David Lanegran - Minnesota on the Map Download .MP3
Geography majors were invited to Professor David Lanegran's home for dinner.
Lanegran is an expert on urban development and planning issues, the history of the Twin Cities and the Iron Range area of Minnesota. He is also a resource on riverfront development in St. Paul. He is the co-author of Grand Avenue: The Renaissance of an Urban Street. He has published several books, including Minnesota on the Map: A Historical Atlas, and articles on urban and cultural geography.
His interests have led to extensive studies and comparisons of urban planning processes around the world. He teaches courses in human and urban geography.
What was the first multimedia device? Geography Professor David Lanegran says it was the map. In this episode of Macalester Talks, he discusses his new book Minnesota on the Map.