- Apr 18 Mac Jazz
- Apr 25 Spring Dance Concert
- Apr 25 Macalester Choirs: Bach Cantata #161 & Fauré Requiem
- Apr 27 Spring Dance Concert
- Apr 27 Macalester Chamber Ensembles Concert
- May 3 Macalester African Music Ensemble
- May 5 Naming Ceremony for the Joan Adams Mondale Hall of Studio Art
- May 6 Classes End
- May 7 HARAMBEE! A Celebration of Multicultural Life at Macalester
- May 11 Chopin Society presents pianist Richard Goode
Richard Holbrooke Opening Convocation Address 2007 Download .MP3
Opening Convocation Address 2007
Richard Holbrooke, who passed away on Monday, Dec. 13, 2010, delivered Macalester's opening convocation in September 2007. In his address he told students that individuals can and do make a difference in preventing and resolving major conflicts. His talk was the first of three Difficult Dialogues speaking events examining peace and conflict in the Middle East.
Richard Holbrooke brokered a deal between warring factions that led to the Dayton Accords 1995. From 1996-99 he was Presidential Envoy to Bosnia. In 1999 he was confirmed by the Senate to be permanent U.S. Representative to the United Nations. Former editor of Foreign Affairs, Director of the Peace Corps, Ambassador to Germany, and Assistant Secretary of State for European Affairs.