- Mar 11 “Popular Participation in Latin America” Lecture and Lunch with Benjamin Goldfrank
- Mar 12 French Lecture Series
- Mar 13 "Exodus Politics" with Dr. Robert Patterson - A Women's History Month Colloquium
- Mar 13 EnviroThursday - "The Indigenous Roots of Sustainable Forestry in the United States and an Environmental History of the Menominee Tribe of Wisconsin"
- Mar 16 Chopin Society presents pianist Inon Barnatan
- Mar 27 Philosophy Colloquium - Cheshire Calhoun
- Mar 27 Pete Ferderer Inaugural Lecture: Edward John Noble Professor of Economics
- Mar 28 Peeps Show 2014
Native American poet Allison Hedge Coke gave a joint reading with English Professor Wang Ping's ENGL 150 and ENGL 282 creative writing students in the Native American section of the Minneapolis Institute of Arts.
The students from these classes visited nearby Ramsey Jr. High to work one-on-one with 8th-graders on their writing. This project culminated in a joint Macalester/Ramsey reading in November.