- Sep 18 EnviroThursday - "Helping Forests Adapt to a Changing Climate"
- Sep 18 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Film "The Act of Killing"
- Sep 19 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Poster sessions and roundtable presentations/discussions
- Sep 26 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Sep 26 Inventory: New Paintings by Lisa Bergh and Andrew Nordin Opening Reception
- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
Native American poet Allison Hedge Coke gave a joint reading with English Professor Wang Ping's ENGL 150 and ENGL 282 creative writing students in the Native American section of the Minneapolis Institute of Arts.
The students from these classes visited nearby Ramsey Jr. High to work one-on-one with 8th-graders on their writing. This project culminated in a joint Macalester/Ramsey reading in November.