- Apr 24 Guerrilla Warfare and Violence against Mexican Civilians in the U.S.-Mexican War of 1846-1848
- Apr 24 Thursday Noon Recital
- Apr 24 Philosophy Colloquium - David Wong
- Apr 24 Eva von Dassow on “Making Myth in Mesopotamia: The Reign of Erra, God of War"
- Apr 25 Critical Theory Symposium: "Biopolitics and Ideology"
Native American poet Allison Hedge Coke gave a joint reading with English Professor Wang Ping's ENGL 150 and ENGL 282 creative writing students in the Native American section of the Minneapolis Institute of Arts.
The students from these classes visited nearby Ramsey Jr. High to work one-on-one with 8th-graders on their writing. This project culminated in a joint Macalester/Ramsey reading in November.