- Aug 28 New Student Orientation
- Aug 29 New Student Orientation
- Aug 30 New Student Orientation
- Aug 31 New Student Orientation
- Sep 1 New Student Orientation
- Sep 1 MacReads Lecture for First Year Students
- Sep 2 Classes Begin
- Sep 4 Author Daniel Gilbert to Speak at Opening Convocation
- Sep 26 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
Seven Macalester students spent a week in New Orleans for a seminar on cultural survival. See the trip through their eyes, as documented by Catherine Reagan '11.
The week-long January seminar, led by Professor Molly Olsen, Department of Hispanic Studies and Paul Schadewald of the Civic Engagement Center, explored the challenges and cultural strategies of resistance in New Orleans neighborhoods in the wake of disaster and in the midst of economic adversity. Participants toured the city and met with a number of community partners, scholars and activists.
This experience was developed as part of the Project Pericles Faculty Leadership Program.