- Mar 31 Inaugural Lecture of Thomas Halverson, DeWitt Wallace Professor of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
- Apr 2 Discussion: Greece in Turmoil
- Apr 11 Macalester Concert Choir and Highland Camerata
- Apr 12 Chopin Society presents pianist Yevgeny Sudbin
- Apr 12 Wind Ensemble Concert
- Apr 14 Global Citizens Celebration
- Apr 17 Chamber Ensemble Concert
- Apr 19 Early Music Ensemble Concert
- Apr 24 Spring Dance Concert
- Apr 26 Pipe Band Concert
Seven Macalester students spent a week in New Orleans for a seminar on cultural survival. See the trip through their eyes, as documented by Catherine Reagan '11.
The week-long January seminar, led by Professor Molly Olsen, Department of Hispanic Studies and Paul Schadewald of the Civic Engagement Center, explored the challenges and cultural strategies of resistance in New Orleans neighborhoods in the wake of disaster and in the midst of economic adversity. Participants toured the city and met with a number of community partners, scholars and activists.
This experience was developed as part of the Project Pericles Faculty Leadership Program.