- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 7 Art for Memory: An Itinerant Museum for the Flow of Memories
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
- Oct 23 Fall Break
- Oct 24 Fall Break
- Oct 29 Macalester New Music Series: Music from Copland House
- Oct 31 Admissions Fall Sampler
Seven Macalester students spent a week in New Orleans for a seminar on cultural survival. See the trip through their eyes, as documented by Catherine Reagan '11.
The week-long January seminar, led by Professor Molly Olsen, Department of Hispanic Studies and Paul Schadewald of the Civic Engagement Center, explored the challenges and cultural strategies of resistance in New Orleans neighborhoods in the wake of disaster and in the midst of economic adversity. Participants toured the city and met with a number of community partners, scholars and activists.
This experience was developed as part of the Project Pericles Faculty Leadership Program.