- Oct 29 Macalester New Music Series: Music from Copland House
- Oct 31 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Nov 8 Opening Reception: Ni De Aqui Ni De Alla From Neither Here Nor There: New and Recent Work by Raoul Deal
- Nov 13 Greg Brick, on “The Rediscovery of French Saltpeter Caves in Minnesota”
- Nov 21 Highland Camerata and Concert Choir
- Nov 23 Chamber Ensemble Concert
- Nov 27 Thanksgiving Break
- Dec 5 Orchestra Concert
- Dec 6 Early Music Ensemble Concert
- Dec 6 African Music Ensemble Concert
Seven Macalester students spent a week in New Orleans for a seminar on cultural survival. See the trip through their eyes, as documented by Catherine Reagan '11.
The week-long January seminar, led by Professor Molly Olsen, Department of Hispanic Studies and Paul Schadewald of the Civic Engagement Center, explored the challenges and cultural strategies of resistance in New Orleans neighborhoods in the wake of disaster and in the midst of economic adversity. Participants toured the city and met with a number of community partners, scholars and activists.
This experience was developed as part of the Project Pericles Faculty Leadership Program.