- Apr 24 Guerrilla Warfare and Violence against Mexican Civilians in the U.S.-Mexican War of 1846-1848
- Apr 24 Thursday Noon Recital
- Apr 24 Philosophy Colloquium - David Wong
- Apr 24 Eva von Dassow on “Making Myth in Mesopotamia: The Reign of Erra, God of War"
- Apr 25 Critical Theory Symposium: "Biopolitics and Ideology"
Informed Consent Download .MP3
Philosophy professor, Martin Gunderson, discusses international standards for informed consent in relation to studies conducted on human subjects.
He touches on what events precipitated the creation of international norms for informed consent, from the Nuremburg code to the Tuskegee Syphilis experiment, and gives examples of its application in relation to contemporary AIDS/HIV research.