- Aug 28 New Student Orientation
- Aug 29 New Student Orientation
- Aug 30 New Student Orientation
- Aug 31 New Student Orientation
- Sep 1 New Student Orientation
- Sep 1 Orientation: MacReads Lecture for First Year Students
- Sep 2 Classes Begin
- Sep 4 Author Daniel Gilbert to Speak at Opening Convocation
- Sep 26 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
Informed Consent Download .MP3
Philosophy professor, Martin Gunderson, discusses international standards for informed consent in relation to studies conducted on human subjects.
He touches on what events precipitated the creation of international norms for informed consent, from the Nuremburg code to the Tuskegee Syphilis experiment, and gives examples of its application in relation to contemporary AIDS/HIV research.