- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 7 Art for Memory: An Itinerant Museum for the Flow of Memories
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
- Oct 23 Fall Break
- Oct 24 Fall Break
- Oct 29 Macalester New Music Series: Music from Copland House
- Oct 31 Admissions Fall Sampler
Informed Consent Download .MP3
Philosophy professor, Martin Gunderson, discusses international standards for informed consent in relation to studies conducted on human subjects.
He touches on what events precipitated the creation of international norms for informed consent, from the Nuremburg code to the Tuskegee Syphilis experiment, and gives examples of its application in relation to contemporary AIDS/HIV research.