- Sep 18 EnviroThursday - "Helping Forests Adapt to a Changing Climate"
- Sep 18 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Film "The Act of Killing"
- Sep 19 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Poster sessions and roundtable presentations/discussions
- Sep 26 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Sep 26 Inventory: New Paintings by Lisa Bergh and Andrew Nordin Opening Reception
- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
The Macalester Concert Choir and Friends, under the direction of Eugene Rogers, presented an evening of Chinese music, poetry and dance.
Tracing the Chinese Diaspora, the concert featured music from China, Mongolia, Taiwan, Singapore and the United States. The choir and guests and performed folk-songs, original compositions, and a world premiere by guest performer Gao Hong (pipa). Other performers included: Chuen-Fung Wong (guqin zither), Zhang Ying (dizi flute) and members of the CAAM Chinese Dance Theater.