- Apr 24 Guerrilla Warfare and Violence against Mexican Civilians in the U.S.-Mexican War of 1846-1848
- Apr 24 Thursday Noon Recital
- Apr 24 Philosophy Colloquium - David Wong
- Apr 24 Eva von Dassow on “Making Myth in Mesopotamia: The Reign of Erra, God of War"
- Apr 25 Critical Theory Symposium: "Biopolitics and Ideology"
The Macalester Concert Choir and Friends, under the direction of Eugene Rogers, presented an evening of Chinese music, poetry and dance.
Tracing the Chinese Diaspora, the concert featured music from China, Mongolia, Taiwan, Singapore and the United States. The choir and guests and performed folk-songs, original compositions, and a world premiere by guest performer Gao Hong (pipa). Other performers included: Chuen-Fung Wong (guqin zither), Zhang Ying (dizi flute) and members of the CAAM Chinese Dance Theater.