- Feb 27 Imaging Disaster: Tokyo and the Visual Culture of Japan's Great Earthquake of 1923
- Feb 27 Staged Reading: "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf"
- Feb 28 Staged Reading: "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf"
- Mar 6 Founders Day
- Mar 7 Macalester Orchestra Concerto Concert
- Mar 8 Chopin Society presents pianist Nelson Goerner
- Mar 31 Inaugural Lecture of Thomas Halverson, DeWitt Wallace Professor of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
- Apr 11 Macalester Concert Choir and Highland Camerata
- Apr 12 Chopin Society presents pianist Yevgeny Sudbin
- Apr 12 Wind Ensemble Concert
The Macalester Concert Choir and Friends, under the direction of Eugene Rogers, presented an evening of Chinese music, poetry and dance.
Tracing the Chinese Diaspora, the concert featured music from China, Mongolia, Taiwan, Singapore and the United States. The choir and guests and performed folk-songs, original compositions, and a world premiere by guest performer Gao Hong (pipa). Other performers included: Chuen-Fung Wong (guqin zither), Zhang Ying (dizi flute) and members of the CAAM Chinese Dance Theater.