- Mar 6 Founders Day
- Mar 7 Macalester Orchestra Concerto Concert
- Mar 8 Chopin Society presents pianist Nelson Goerner
- Mar 31 Inaugural Lecture of Thomas Halverson, DeWitt Wallace Professor of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
- Apr 11 Macalester Concert Choir and Highland Camerata
- Apr 12 Chopin Society presents pianist Yevgeny Sudbin
- Apr 12 Wind Ensemble Concert
- Apr 14 Global Citizens Celebration
- Apr 17 Chamber Ensemble Concert
- Apr 19 Early Music Ensemble Concert
Relay For Life Raised Almost $23K
College’s Against Cancer, a Macalester student organization that works in conjunction with the American Cancer Society, sponsored the third annual Relay For Life on April 8-9 in the Leonard Center Fieldhouse.
The event began at 6 p.m. with a lap recognizing cancer survivors and ended at 6 a.m. with students reflecting on their 12-hour experience at Relay.
Participants for this year’s event included five cancer survivors and 240 students, staff, faculty, and community members who raised $22,951 to assist in the fight against cancer. Donations can still be made through August 31 at macalester.edu/relay or sent to the American Cancer Society, ATTN: RFL Macalester, 2520 Pilot Knob Road, Suite 150, Mendota Heights, MN 55120. Thank you to the Macalester community for making Relay For Life such a successful event!