- Mar 11 “Popular Participation in Latin America” Lecture and Lunch with Benjamin Goldfrank
- Mar 12 French Lecture Series
- Mar 13 "Exodus Politics" with Dr. Robert Patterson - A Women's History Month Colloquium
- Mar 13 EnviroThursday - "The Indigenous Roots of Sustainable Forestry in the United States and an Environmental History of the Menominee Tribe of Wisconsin"
- Mar 16 Chopin Society presents pianist Inon Barnatan
- Mar 27 Philosophy Colloquium - Cheshire Calhoun
- Mar 27 Pete Ferderer Inaugural Lecture: Edward John Noble Professor of Economics
- Mar 28 Peeps Show 2014
Relay For Life Raised Almost $23K
College’s Against Cancer, a Macalester student organization that works in conjunction with the American Cancer Society, sponsored the third annual Relay For Life on April 8-9 in the Leonard Center Fieldhouse.
The event began at 6 p.m. with a lap recognizing cancer survivors and ended at 6 a.m. with students reflecting on their 12-hour experience at Relay.
Participants for this year’s event included five cancer survivors and 240 students, staff, faculty, and community members who raised $22,951 to assist in the fight against cancer. Donations can still be made through August 31 at macalester.edu/relay or sent to the American Cancer Society, ATTN: RFL Macalester, 2520 Pilot Knob Road, Suite 150, Mendota Heights, MN 55120. Thank you to the Macalester community for making Relay For Life such a successful event!