- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 7 Art for Memory: An Itinerant Museum for the Flow of Memories
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
- Oct 23 Fall Break
- Oct 24 Fall Break
- Oct 29 Macalester New Music Series: Music from Copland House
- Oct 31 Admissions Fall Sampler
Waruiru Mburu '13 received a grant from the Live It Fund. Her project involves building a library at Bunabumali Good Samaritan Orphan and Needy school in Bunabumali village, Bududa District, Uganda.
"I will also be leading an HIV/AIDS workshop aimed at how to respond to HIV in the family and community," says Waruiru.
The pupils will also have the opportunity to express their dreams in writing and present them during the opening of the library.
The Institute for Global Citizenship Student Council created the Live It Fund to empower their peers to embrace the core values of Macalester: Academic Excellence. Multiculturalism. Internationalism.