- Jan 30 Opening conversation for "The Soul Selects her own Society: Women Artists from the Miller Meigs Collection"
- Feb 3 Taste of Service
- Feb 3 Macalester New Music Series presents INTERSECTION: Jazz Meets Classical Song
- Feb 4 'Moving Beyond Minnesota Nice:' Engaging Diversity in the Classroom
- Feb 12 Mitau Lecture
- Feb 17 Black History Month Keynote: Dr. Joy DeGruy - "Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome"
- Feb 18 Mental Health Awareness Film & Speaker
- Feb 19 The Inaugural Lecture of James Dawes as DeWitt Wallace Professor of English
- Feb 19 Robert Blanchette on "Tombs, sunken ships and historic huts: studying ancient wood reveals secrets from the past"
- Feb 19 Chamber Music at Macalester: Brahms Clarinet Quintet with Osmo Vanska
Waruiru Mburu '13 received a grant from the Live It Fund. Her project involves building a library at Bunabumali Good Samaritan Orphan and Needy school in Bunabumali village, Bududa District, Uganda.
"I will also be leading an HIV/AIDS workshop aimed at how to respond to HIV in the family and community," says Waruiru.
The pupils will also have the opportunity to express their dreams in writing and present them during the opening of the library.
The Institute for Global Citizenship Student Council created the Live It Fund to empower their peers to embrace the core values of Macalester: Academic Excellence. Multiculturalism. Internationalism.