- Sep 18 EnviroThursday - "Helping Forests Adapt to a Changing Climate"
- Sep 18 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Film "The Act of Killing"
- Sep 19 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Poster sessions and roundtable presentations/discussions
- Sep 26 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Sep 26 Inventory: New Paintings by Lisa Bergh and Andrew Nordin Opening Reception
- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
Waruiru Mburu '13 received a grant from the Live It Fund. Her project involves building a library at Bunabumali Good Samaritan Orphan and Needy school in Bunabumali village, Bududa District, Uganda.
"I will also be leading an HIV/AIDS workshop aimed at how to respond to HIV in the family and community," says Waruiru.
The pupils will also have the opportunity to express their dreams in writing and present them during the opening of the library.
The Institute for Global Citizenship Student Council created the Live It Fund to empower their peers to embrace the core values of Macalester: Academic Excellence. Multiculturalism. Internationalism.