- Apr 24 Guerrilla Warfare and Violence against Mexican Civilians in the US-Mexican War of 1846-1848
- Apr 24 Thursday Noon Recital
- Apr 24 Philosophy Colloquium - David Wong
- Apr 24 Eva von Dassow on “Making Myth in Mesopotamia: The Reign of Erra, God of War"
- Apr 25 Critical Theory Symposium: "Biopolitics and Ideology"
Mount Vernon Download .MP3
Students, Chelsea Hansen '13 and Danait Teklay '13 share their experience working with Professor Andy Overman attempting to excavate Mount Vernon where approximately two to three hundred of George Washington's slaves are buried. Through the excavation they would like to give recognition to the deceased slaves.
Hansen is doing research this summer with descendants of people who were enslaved at Mount Vernon. She received the Spradley Summer Research Fellowship from the Anthropology Department for this work.