- Jan 27 Matt Burgess's Book Launch
- Jan 30 Opening conversation for "The Soul Selects her own Society: Women Artists from the Miller Meigs Collection"
- Feb 3 Taste of Service
- Feb 3 Macalester New Music Series presents INTERSECTION: Jazz Meets Classical Song
- Feb 4 'Moving Beyond Minnesota Nice:' Engaging Diversity in the Classroom
- Feb 12 Mitau Lecture
- Feb 17 Black History Month Keynote: Dr. Joy DeGruy - "Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome"
- Feb 18 Mental Health Awareness Film & Speaker
- Feb 19 The Inaugural Lecture of James Dawes as DeWitt Wallace Professor of English
- Feb 19 Chamber Music at Macalester: Brahms Clarinet Quintet with Osmo Vanska
Mount Vernon Download .MP3
Students, Chelsea Hansen '13 and Danait Teklay '13 share their experience working with Professor Andy Overman attempting to excavate Mount Vernon where approximately two to three hundred of George Washington's slaves are buried. Through the excavation they would like to give recognition to the deceased slaves.
Hansen is doing research this summer with descendants of people who were enslaved at Mount Vernon. She received the Spradley Summer Research Fellowship from the Anthropology Department for this work.