- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 7 Art for Memory: An Itinerant Museum for the Flow of Memories
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
- Oct 23 Fall Break
- Oct 24 Fall Break
- Oct 29 Macalester New Music Series: Music from Copland House
- Oct 31 Admissions Fall Sampler
Mount Vernon Download .MP3
Students, Chelsea Hansen '13 and Danait Teklay '13 share their experience working with Professor Andy Overman attempting to excavate Mount Vernon where approximately two to three hundred of George Washington's slaves are buried. Through the excavation they would like to give recognition to the deceased slaves.
Hansen is doing research this summer with descendants of people who were enslaved at Mount Vernon. She received the Spradley Summer Research Fellowship from the Anthropology Department for this work.