- Sep 2 Classes Begin
- Sep 2 New Traditions: 2014 Faculty Exhibition
- Sep 4 Author Daniel Gilbert to Speak at Opening Convocation
- Sep 5 Taste of Service and Involvement Fair
- Sep 6 Cheer on the Scots in Their Home Opener
- Sep 18 EnviroThursday - "Helping Forests Adapt to a Changing Climate"
- Sep 18 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Film "The Act of Killing"
- Sep 19 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Poster sessions and roundtable presentations/discussions
- Sep 26 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Sep 26 Inventory: New Paintings by Lisa Bergh and Andrew Nordin Opening Reception
Mount Vernon Download .MP3
Students, Chelsea Hansen '13 and Danait Teklay '13 share their experience working with Professor Andy Overman attempting to excavate Mount Vernon where approximately two to three hundred of George Washington's slaves are buried. Through the excavation they would like to give recognition to the deceased slaves.
Hansen is doing research this summer with descendants of people who were enslaved at Mount Vernon. She received the Spradley Summer Research Fellowship from the Anthropology Department for this work.