- Aug 28 New Student Orientation
- Aug 29 New Student Orientation
- Aug 30 New Student Orientation
- Aug 31 New Student Orientation
- Sep 1 New Student Orientation
- Sep 1 Orientation: MacReads Lecture for First Year Students
- Sep 2 Classes Begin
- Sep 4 Author Daniel Gilbert to Speak at Opening Convocation
- Sep 26 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
Mount Vernon Download .MP3
Students, Chelsea Hansen '13 and Danait Teklay '13 share their experience working with Professor Andy Overman attempting to excavate Mount Vernon where approximately two to three hundred of George Washington's slaves are buried. Through the excavation they would like to give recognition to the deceased slaves.
Hansen is doing research this summer with descendants of people who were enslaved at Mount Vernon. She received the Spradley Summer Research Fellowship from the Anthropology Department for this work.