- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
- Oct 23 Fall Break
- Oct 24 Fall Break
- Oct 29 Macalester New Music Series: Music from Copland House
- Oct 31 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Nov 8 Opening Reception: Ni De Aqui Ni De Alla From Neither Here Nor There: New and Recent Work by Raoul Deal
Into the Streets is the service-learning portion of orientation, in which all incoming first-year students participate in half-day service projects with community organizations. Into the Streets emphasizes the college’s commitment to service in a way that is accessible and relevant to students’ first experiences at Macalester, introducing them not only to various organizations and neighborhoods within the Twin Cities, but building a foundation for continued civic engagement and volunteerism.