- Sep 18 EnviroThursday - "Helping Forests Adapt to a Changing Climate"
- Sep 18 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Film "The Act of Killing"
- Sep 19 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Poster sessions and roundtable presentations/discussions
- Sep 26 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Sep 26 Inventory: New Paintings by Lisa Bergh and Andrew Nordin Opening Reception
- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
Into the Streets is the service-learning portion of orientation, in which all incoming first-year students participate in half-day service projects with community organizations. Into the Streets emphasizes the college’s commitment to service in a way that is accessible and relevant to students’ first experiences at Macalester, introducing them not only to various organizations and neighborhoods within the Twin Cities, but building a foundation for continued civic engagement and volunteerism.