- Apr 16 Race and the Social Brain - David Amodio
- Apr 18 Mac Jazz
- Apr 25 Spring Dance Concert
- Apr 25 Macalester Choirs: Bach Cantata #161 & Fauré Requiem
- Apr 27 Spring Dance Concert
- Apr 27 Macalester Chamber Ensembles Concert
- May 3 Macalester African Music Ensemble
- May 6 Classes End
- May 7 HARAMBEE! A Celebration of Multicultural Life at Macalester
- May 11 Chopin Society presents pianist Richard Goode
More than 330 alumni from the classes of 1946 to 2011 gathered in 10 cities around the world on Thursday, October 6, for Macalester's second annual Welcome to Our City (WTOC) night. Welcome to Our City is an opportunity for alumni to socialize, connect, and share tips with alumni new to each host city.
These events took place in unique venues like the Starbucks Headquarters in Seattle, The Tonga Room Hurricane Bar in San Francisco, The Blue Frog in Beijing, China, and The Haven, a Scottish Bar in Boston which provided two plates of haggis for the group. The Boston event had a two-fold increase in attendance over last year and nearly every city had increased attendance. Once again, Washington, D.C., enjoyed the highest attendance, with 99 guests.
Next year, the Alumni Board hopes to double the number of WTOC host cities and triple total alumni attendance. To volunteer to host and help plan a Welcome to Our City event, or organizing any regional alumni event, tell us by signing up as a Macbassador or contact Daymond Dean '91 in the alumni office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-696-6079.