- Jan 30 Opening conversation for "The Soul Selects her own Society: Women Artists from the Miller Meigs Collection"
- Feb 3 Taste of Service
- Feb 3 Macalester New Music Series presents INTERSECTION: Jazz Meets Classical Song
- Feb 4 'Moving Beyond Minnesota Nice:' Engaging Diversity in the Classroom
- Feb 12 Mitau Lecture
- Feb 17 Black History Month Keynote: Dr. Joy DeGruy - "Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome"
- Feb 18 Mental Health Awareness Film & Speaker
- Feb 19 The Inaugural Lecture of James Dawes as DeWitt Wallace Professor of English
- Feb 19 Robert Blanchette on "Tombs, sunken ships and historic huts: studying ancient wood reveals secrets from the past"
- Feb 19 Chamber Music at Macalester: Brahms Clarinet Quintet with Osmo Vanska
College years may provide one of the few opportunities to actually try out different jobs. Even Kvelland '12 has taken advantage of that, having interned with the United Nations Development Program in Norway and with the Norwegian Consulate in Minneapolis.
"This is perhaps the only time in life when you can work for free ... there are a lot of internships out there if you know where to look," says Even.
During his time at the consulate, he had the privilege of meeting the King and Queen of Norway when they visited the Twin Cities in October.