- Mar 6 Founders Day
- Mar 7 Macalester Orchestra Concerto Concert
- Mar 8 Chopin Society presents pianist Nelson Goerner
- Mar 31 Inaugural Lecture of Thomas Halverson, DeWitt Wallace Professor of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
- Apr 11 Macalester Concert Choir and Highland Camerata
- Apr 12 Chopin Society presents pianist Yevgeny Sudbin
- Apr 12 Wind Ensemble Concert
- Apr 14 Global Citizens Celebration
- Apr 17 Chamber Ensemble Concert
- Apr 19 Early Music Ensemble Concert
Over 200 members of the Mac community gather for Students/Alumni/Connect
More than 70 alumni and 130 students gathered to support Macalester students in their career development at Students/Alumni/Connect on Thursday, November 9, in the Alexander Hill Ballroom. Sponsored by the Alumni Board and Career Development Center (CDC), this event gives Macalester juniors and seniors an opportunity to learn the value of connecting with the Mac community beyond 1600 Grand Avenue.
The night began with a short program highlighting the importance of reaching out to our alumni community. Young alums, Datra Oliver ’04 and Majd Khabour ’11, shared their reflections on their paths from Macalester to their current positions and stressed the important role their Macalester connections played in this journey. Alumni Board member, Jeremy Hanson Willis ’95 shared his tips on how to reach out and connect with alumni – helping students figure out what to expect from these interactions and how to prepare. MC and current Mac senior, Mara Robertson '12, shared her own tips for connecting with alumni through Mac resources like MacDirect and the CDC.
After the program, the guests were invited to mingle and, for over an hour, there was an energetic buzz in the room as students shared their interests and goals with alumni and learning about the career paths they have taken. Thanks to the CDC, Alumni Board, and participating alumni who made the event a great success!
For more information on how to help a current Mac student with their career search, please contact Anne Hoyt Taff ’04 a firstname.lastname@example.org in Alumni Relations.