- Sep 2 Classes Begin
- Sep 2 New Traditions: 2014 Faculty Exhibition
- Sep 4 Author Daniel Gilbert to Speak at Opening Convocation
- Sep 5 Taste of Service and Involvement Fair
- Sep 6 Cheer on the Scots in Their Home Opener
- Sep 18 EnviroThursday - "Helping Forests Adapt to a Changing Climate"
- Sep 18 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Film "The Act of Killing"
- Sep 19 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Poster sessions and roundtable presentations/discussions
- Sep 26 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Sep 26 Inventory: New Paintings by Lisa Bergh and Andrew Nordin Opening Reception
“Economic and Social Justice In The 21st Century” Featuring Dr. Julianne Malveaux, Pres. of Bennett College
February 22, 2012
RELATED STORIES: "Rethinking Race & Class" featuring Lani Guinier, the 31st Mitau Endowed Lecturer, Goodbye Lunch - American Studies, Long-run challenges for the U.S. Economy
RELATED PROGRAMS: Campus Life
St. Paul, Minn. – Dr. Julianne Malveaux, President of Bennett College, will talk about “Economic and Social Justice In The 21st Century” as the keynote speaker for the 13th Annual American Studies Conference at Macalester College, Thursday, February 23rd in Kagin Commons, Alexander Hill Ballroom, 1600 Grand Ave., St. Paul. Her talk begins at 6 p.m.
Malveaux is an economist and public intellectual known for her incisive commentary on race, gender, labor, and the economy. Her writing has appeared in numerous publications.
The address will consider the hard truths of the nation's economic failure and will issue a call-to-arms for change.
Held every February during Black History Month, the conference brings internationally renowned scholars to campus to present their work and engage with faculty, staff, students, alumni and Twin Cities’ residents.
The talk is free and open to the public and is in Alexander Hill Ballroom, Kagin Commons, 1600 Grand Ave., St. Paul, Minn., at 6 p.m.
Macalester College, founded in 1874, is a national liberal arts college with a full-time enrollment of 1,978 students. Macalester is nationally recognized for its long-standing commitment to academic excellence, internationalism, multiculturalism, and civic engagement. Learn more at macalester.edu