- Sep 18 EnviroThursday - "Helping Forests Adapt to a Changing Climate"
- Sep 18 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Film "The Act of Killing"
- Sep 19 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Poster sessions and roundtable presentations/discussions
- Sep 26 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Sep 26 Inventory: New Paintings by Lisa Bergh and Andrew Nordin Opening Reception
- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
The first pushball game in Minnesota was played at Macalester Oct. 15, 1914, according to the Mac Weekly, “Sore muscles, torn clothes and a score of 2 to 1 in favor of the Sophomores tells the tale of the first pushball contest ever staged in Minnesota.”
This Founders Day tradition continued in 2012, with students battling over the pushball on the snowy lawn of Old Main.