- Oct 29 Macalester New Music Series: Music from Copland House
- Oct 31 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Nov 8 Opening Reception: Ni De Aqui Ni De Alla From Neither Here Nor There: New and Recent Work by Raoul Deal
- Nov 13 Greg Brick, on “The Rediscovery of French Saltpeter Caves in Minnesota”
- Nov 21 Highland Camerata and Concert Choir
- Nov 23 Chamber Ensemble Concert
- Nov 27 Thanksgiving Break
- Dec 5 Orchestra Concert
- Dec 6 Early Music Ensemble Concert
- Dec 6 African Music Ensemble Concert
liberal arts. noun.
1. the academic course of instruction at a college intended to provide general knowledge and comprising the arts, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences.
What does it mean to learn at a liberal arts college? More specifically, what is it like to learn at a place like Macalester?
Students come to campus to learn, engage, explore, invent, make friends, design, speak out, and gain the experience, skills and knowledge needed to fulfill their dreams and their greatest ambitions.
"Undoubtedly, a Mac education is the ultimate preparation for success in academia, law, medicine, social service, and business," writes Barron's Guide to the Most Competitve College. "But more importantly, Mac is an exceptional environment of life-altering enlightenment, life-changing experiences, and lifelong friendships. ...Alumni networking plays a powerful and positive role in the careers of many Mac graduates."