- Apr 24 Guerrilla Warfare and Violence against Mexican Civilians in the US-Mexican War of 1846-1848
- Apr 24 Thursday Noon Recital
- Apr 24 Philosophy Colloquium - David Wong
- Apr 24 Eva von Dassow on “Making Myth in Mesopotamia: The Reign of Erra, God of War"
- Apr 25 Critical Theory Symposium: "Biopolitics and Ideology"
liberal arts. noun.
1. the academic course of instruction at a college intended to provide general knowledge and comprising the arts, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences.
What does it mean to learn at a liberal arts college? More specifically, what is it like to learn at a place like Macalester?
Students come to campus to learn, engage, explore, invent, make friends, design, speak out, and gain the experience, skills and knowledge needed to fulfill their dreams and their greatest ambitions.
"Undoubtedly, a Mac education is the ultimate preparation for success in academia, law, medicine, social service, and business," writes Barron's Guide to the Most Competitve College. "But more importantly, Mac is an exceptional environment of life-altering enlightenment, life-changing experiences, and lifelong friendships. ...Alumni networking plays a powerful and positive role in the careers of many Mac graduates."