- Mar 12 French Lecture Series
- Mar 13 "Exodus Politics" with Dr. Robert Patterson - A Women's History Month Colloquium
- Mar 13 EnviroThursday - "The Indigenous Roots of Sustainable Forestry in the United States and an Environmental History of the Menominee Tribe of Wisconsin"
- Mar 16 Chopin Society presents pianist Inon Barnatan
- Mar 27 Philosophy Colloquium - Cheshire Calhoun
- Mar 27 Pete Ferderer Inaugural Lecture: Edward John Noble Professor of Economics
- Mar 28 Peeps Show 2014
- Apr 5 Macalester Choirs
liberal arts. noun.
1. the academic course of instruction at a college intended to provide general knowledge and comprising the arts, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences.
What does it mean to learn at a liberal arts college? More specifically, what is it like to learn at a place like Macalester?
Students come to campus to learn, engage, explore, invent, make friends, design, speak out, and gain the experience, skills and knowledge needed to fulfill their dreams and their greatest ambitions.
"Undoubtedly, a Mac education is the ultimate preparation for success in academia, law, medicine, social service, and business," writes Barron's Guide to the Most Competitve College. "But more importantly, Mac is an exceptional environment of life-altering enlightenment, life-changing experiences, and lifelong friendships. ...Alumni networking plays a powerful and positive role in the careers of many Mac graduates."