- Sep 2 Classes Begin
- Sep 2 New Traditions: 2014 Faculty Exhibition
- Sep 4 Author Daniel Gilbert to Speak at Opening Convocation
- Sep 5 Taste of Service and Involvement Fair
- Sep 6 Cheer on the Scots in Their Home Opener
- Sep 18 EnviroThursday - "Helping Forests Adapt to a Changing Climate"
- Sep 18 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Film "The Act of Killing"
- Sep 19 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Poster sessions and roundtable presentations/discussions
- Sep 26 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Sep 26 Inventory: New Paintings by Lisa Bergh and Andrew Nordin Opening Reception
liberal arts. noun.
1. the academic course of instruction at a college intended to provide general knowledge and comprising the arts, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences.
What does it mean to learn at a liberal arts college? More specifically, what is it like to learn at a place like Macalester?
Students come to campus to learn, engage, explore, invent, make friends, design, speak out, and gain the experience, skills and knowledge needed to fulfill their dreams and their greatest ambitions.
"Undoubtedly, a Mac education is the ultimate preparation for success in academia, law, medicine, social service, and business," writes Barron's Guide to the Most Competitve College. "But more importantly, Mac is an exceptional environment of life-altering enlightenment, life-changing experiences, and lifelong friendships. ...Alumni networking plays a powerful and positive role in the careers of many Mac graduates."