- Jan 30 Opening conversation for "The Soul Selects her own Society: Women Artists from the Miller Meigs Collection"
- Feb 3 Taste of Service
- Feb 3 Macalester New Music Series presents INTERSECTION: Jazz Meets Classical Song
- Feb 4 'Moving Beyond Minnesota Nice:' Engaging Diversity in the Classroom
- Feb 12 Mitau Lecture
- Feb 17 Black History Month Keynote: Dr. Joy DeGruy - "Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome"
- Feb 18 Mental Health Awareness Film & Speaker
- Feb 19 The Inaugural Lecture of James Dawes as DeWitt Wallace Professor of English
- Feb 19 Robert Blanchette on "Tombs, sunken ships and historic huts: studying ancient wood reveals secrets from the past"
- Feb 19 Chamber Music at Macalester: Brahms Clarinet Quintet with Osmo Vanska
The three finalists for this year's Global Citizenship Award—Shahar Eberzhon '12, Erica Martinez '12, and Diego Melo '12—presented their views on global citizenship to students and faculty. The Institute for Global Citizenship annually recognizes the graduating senior who best exemplifies a commitment to the ideals and practices of outstanding academic achievement, internationalism, multiculturalism, civic engagement, and leadership. Sociology major Shahar Eberzhon was granted the award the following week.
Both Eberzhon and Melo are among Macalester's Davis United World College Scholars.