- Sep 18 EnviroThursday - "Helping Forests Adapt to a Changing Climate"
- Sep 18 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Film "The Act of Killing"
- Sep 19 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Poster sessions and roundtable presentations/discussions
- Sep 26 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Sep 26 Inventory: New Paintings by Lisa Bergh and Andrew Nordin Opening Reception
- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
Published in Macalester Today
From balloons in India to a hot springs in Peru, Macalester students see a lot of the world when they study abroad. To celebrate their experiences and photographic talents, Campus Programs and the Library annually sponsor a Study Away Photo Contest. This year’s categories—people, environment, and culture—drew nearly 50 entries; visitors to the Campus Center display voted on winners in each. Winning entries are then displayed in Markim Hall, home to the Institute for Global Citizenship, until the next contest rolls around.