- Aug 28 New Student Orientation
- Aug 29 New Student Orientation
- Aug 30 New Student Orientation
- Aug 31 New Student Orientation
- Sep 1 New Student Orientation
- Sep 1 Orientation: MacReads Lecture for First Year Students
- Sep 2 Classes Begin
- Sep 4 Author Daniel Gilbert to Speak at Opening Convocation
- Sep 26 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
The International Roundtable is a community-wide intellectual forum that explores crucial global issues.
The 2012 theme is "Feeding the World: Globalization, Food, and Agriculture in the 21st Century." It took place October 11–12, 2012.
Guest artist Tattfoo Tan lectured about his public art gardens, which offer nutritious crops to urban areas with limited grocery access, and worked with art professor Ruthan Godoelli’s printmaking students to develop a project with a St. Paul twist: Free Seed Libraries. Seeds of red peppers, morning glories, watermelon, and more were placed in envelopes made by art students, and these were then installed in seed libraries in the low-income Frogtown neighborhood to await good planting weather.