- Sep 26 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Sep 26 Inventory: New Paintings by Lisa Bergh and Andrew Nordin Opening Reception
- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
- Oct 23 Fall Break
- Oct 24 Fall Break
- Oct 29 Macalester New Music Series: Music from Copland House
The International Roundtable is a community-wide intellectual forum that explores crucial global issues.
The 2012 theme is "Feeding the World: Globalization, Food, and Agriculture in the 21st Century." It took place October 11–12, 2012.
Guest artist Tattfoo Tan lectured about his public art gardens, which offer nutritious crops to urban areas with limited grocery access, and worked with art professor Ruthan Godoelli’s printmaking students to develop a project with a St. Paul twist: Free Seed Libraries. Seeds of red peppers, morning glories, watermelon, and more were placed in envelopes made by art students, and these were then installed in seed libraries in the low-income Frogtown neighborhood to await good planting weather.