- Mar 6 Pushball - A Macalester Tradition
- Mar 6 Founders Day
- Mar 7 Macalester Orchestra Concerto Concert
- Mar 8 Chopin Society presents pianist Nelson Goerner
- Mar 31 Inaugural Lecture of Thomas Halverson, DeWitt Wallace Professor of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
- Apr 11 Macalester Concert Choir and Highland Camerata
- Apr 12 Chopin Society presents pianist Yevgeny Sudbin
- Apr 12 Wind Ensemble Concert
- Apr 14 Global Citizens Celebration
- Apr 17 Chamber Ensemble Concert
On October 11, 2012, alumni connected in cities worldwide
More than 600 alumni gathered in 22 cities around the world for Macalester's third annual evening of coordinated alumni events last Thursday, October 11. The evening, called MAC in the City, provides a space for alumni living in the same neighborhoods to connect, reflect on their shared Macalester experiences, and exchange resources relevant to their area.
The event organizer, Daymond Dean '91, says MAC in the City 2012 was a big success, "Everyone had a great time and made lots of connections with alumni in their area."
This year marked tremendous growth for the event, with both the number of cities and the number of participants doubling, from 330 alumni gathered in 11 cities in 2011 to 600 alumni gathered in 22 cities in 2012. For the first time, photos were shared instantaneously among locations via Google+.
Alumni are invited to help make next year's MAC in the City an even greater success. Contact Daymond at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can help in 2013.