- Feb 3 Taste of Service
- Feb 3 Macalester New Music Series presents INTERSECTION: Jazz Meets Classical Song
- Feb 4 'Moving Beyond Minnesota Nice:' Engaging Diversity in the Classroom
- Feb 12 Mitau Lecture
- Feb 17 Black History Month Keynote: Dr. Joy DeGruy - "Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome"
- Feb 18 Mental Health Awareness Film & Speaker
- Feb 19 The Inaugural Lecture of James Dawes as DeWitt Wallace Professor of English
- Feb 19 Robert Blanchette on "Tombs, sunken ships and historic huts: studying ancient wood reveals secrets from the past"
- Feb 19 Chamber Music at Macalester: Brahms Clarinet Quintet with Osmo Vanska
- Feb 20 Macathon 2015
On October 11, 2012, alumni connected in cities worldwide
More than 600 alumni gathered in 22 cities around the world for Macalester's third annual evening of coordinated alumni events last Thursday, October 11. The evening, called MAC in the City, provides a space for alumni living in the same neighborhoods to connect, reflect on their shared Macalester experiences, and exchange resources relevant to their area.
The event organizer, Daymond Dean '91, says MAC in the City 2012 was a big success, "Everyone had a great time and made lots of connections with alumni in their area."
This year marked tremendous growth for the event, with both the number of cities and the number of participants doubling, from 330 alumni gathered in 11 cities in 2011 to 600 alumni gathered in 22 cities in 2012. For the first time, photos were shared instantaneously among locations via Google+.
Alumni are invited to help make next year's MAC in the City an even greater success. Contact Daymond at email@example.com to find out how you can help in 2013.