- Apr 24 Guerrilla Warfare and Violence against Mexican Civilians in the US-Mexican War of 1846-1848
- Apr 24 Thursday Noon Recital
- Apr 24 Philosophy Colloquium - David Wong
- Apr 24 Eva von Dassow on “Making Myth in Mesopotamia: The Reign of Erra, God of War"
- Apr 25 Critical Theory Symposium: "Biopolitics and Ideology"
On October 11, 2012, alumni connected in cities worldwide
More than 600 alumni gathered in 22 cities around the world for Macalester's third annual evening of coordinated alumni events last Thursday, October 11. The evening, called MAC in the City, provides a space for alumni living in the same neighborhoods to connect, reflect on their shared Macalester experiences, and exchange resources relevant to their area.
The event organizer, Daymond Dean '91, says MAC in the City 2012 was a big success, "Everyone had a great time and made lots of connections with alumni in their area."
This year marked tremendous growth for the event, with both the number of cities and the number of participants doubling, from 330 alumni gathered in 11 cities in 2011 to 600 alumni gathered in 22 cities in 2012. For the first time, photos were shared instantaneously among locations via Google+.
Alumni are invited to help make next year's MAC in the City an even greater success. Contact Daymond at email@example.com to find out how you can help in 2013.