- Oct 31 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Nov 8 Opening Reception: Ni De Aqui Ni De Alla From Neither Here Nor There: New and Recent Work by Raoul Deal
- Nov 13 Greg Brick, on “The Rediscovery of French Saltpeter Caves in Minnesota”
- Nov 21 Highland Camerata and Concert Choir
- Nov 23 Chamber Ensemble Concert
- Nov 27 Thanksgiving Break
- Dec 5 Orchestra Concert
- Dec 6 Early Music Ensemble Concert
- Dec 6 African Music Ensemble Concert
- Dec 7 Asian Music Ensemble Concert
On September 29 nearly 90 students, staff, faculty members, and alumni participated in the Big Gay Race along the riverfront in downtown Minneapolis. This was the first year that Macalester had an organized team in the 5K race, which drew an estimated 5,000 participants and raised awareness and funds for Minnesota United for All Families. Minnesota United opposes the proposed Minnesota marriage amendment.
On October 5, Macalester’s Board of Trustees stated the college’s opposition to the constitutional amendment, which would limit marriage to a man and a woman. The Board’s resolution reads as follows:
The Macalester College Board of Trustees unanimously expresses its opposition to the proposed Minnesota marriage amendment. The Board feels that this amendment denies basic human dignity and rights to our citizens. Such a denial is antithetical to the mission of the college.