- Apr 27 Pop and Jazz Combos Concert
- Apr 28 The Macalester Viol Consort Presents a Lunch Concert
- May 1 Opening reception for the Senior Thesis Show
- May 1 Off-Kilter Spring Concert
- May 2 African Music Ensemble Concert
- May 3 Have a Folktastic Time with Flying Fingers!
- May 9 Scotch Tape A cappella Final Concert
- May 10 Chopin Society presents pianist Nikolay Khozyainov
- May 16 Baccalaureate and Commencement
- May 16 Commencement
On September 29 nearly 90 students, staff, faculty members, and alumni participated in the Big Gay Race along the riverfront in downtown Minneapolis. This was the first year that Macalester had an organized team in the 5K race, which drew an estimated 5,000 participants and raised awareness and funds for Minnesota United for All Families. Minnesota United opposes the proposed Minnesota marriage amendment.
On October 5, Macalester’s Board of Trustees stated the college’s opposition to the constitutional amendment, which would limit marriage to a man and a woman. The Board’s resolution reads as follows:
The Macalester College Board of Trustees unanimously expresses its opposition to the proposed Minnesota marriage amendment. The Board feels that this amendment denies basic human dignity and rights to our citizens. Such a denial is antithetical to the mission of the college.