- Mar 11 “Popular Participation in Latin America” Lecture and Lunch with Benjamin Goldfrank
- Mar 12 French Lecture Series
- Mar 13 "Exodus Politics" with Dr. Robert Patterson - A Women's History Month Colloquium
- Mar 13 EnviroThursday - "The Indigenous Roots of Sustainable Forestry in the United States and an Environmental History of the Menominee Tribe of Wisconsin"
- Mar 16 Chopin Society presents pianist Inon Barnatan
- Mar 27 Philosophy Colloquium - Cheshire Calhoun
- Mar 27 Pete Ferderer Inaugural Lecture: Edward John Noble Professor of Economics
- Mar 28 Peeps Show 2014
On September 29 nearly 90 students, staff, faculty members, and alumni participated in the Big Gay Race along the riverfront in downtown Minneapolis. This was the first year that Macalester had an organized team in the 5K race, which drew an estimated 5,000 participants and raised awareness and funds for Minnesota United for All Families. Minnesota United opposes the proposed Minnesota marriage amendment.
On October 5, Macalester’s Board of Trustees stated the college’s opposition to the constitutional amendment, which would limit marriage to a man and a woman. The Board’s resolution reads as follows:
The Macalester College Board of Trustees unanimously expresses its opposition to the proposed Minnesota marriage amendment. The Board feels that this amendment denies basic human dignity and rights to our citizens. Such a denial is antithetical to the mission of the college.