- Feb 3 Taste of Service
- Feb 3 Macalester New Music Series presents INTERSECTION: Jazz Meets Classical Song
- Feb 4 'Moving Beyond Minnesota Nice:' Engaging Diversity in the Classroom
- Feb 12 Mitau Lecture
- Feb 17 Black History Month Keynote: Dr. Joy DeGruy - "Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome"
- Feb 18 Mental Health Awareness Film & Speaker
- Feb 19 The Inaugural Lecture of James Dawes as DeWitt Wallace Professor of English
- Feb 19 Robert Blanchette on "Tombs, sunken ships and historic huts: studying ancient wood reveals secrets from the past"
- Feb 19 Chamber Music at Macalester: Brahms Clarinet Quintet with Osmo Vanska
- Feb 20 Macathon 2015
People-Brazilian Cowboy: This is a man (whose name I do not remember) in the MST (Movement for the Landless Farm Workers) settlement in the countryside of the interior of north-eastern Brazil. I loved the way he was dressed for no particular occasion. I asked if I could take his photo and he posed like this for me.
By Rosa Perr
Culture-Sumo: This is a picture of the top level sumo wrestlers before they begin to compete. They are performing a starting ritual to display their name and insignia tied around their waist.
By James Zhou
Environment-Resting Zebras: We often came upon huge groups of zebras, sometimes in the 100s. Their interactions are very complex and you could determine who the dominant males and females were of most groups. These three were so relaxed and I thought this photo captured the day to day of zebra life on the savannah. They're not always getting hunted down by lions, after all.
By Tess Carley