- Mar 6 Pushball - A Macalester Tradition
- Mar 6 Founders Day
- Mar 7 Macalester Orchestra Concerto Concert
- Mar 8 Chopin Society presents pianist Nelson Goerner
- Mar 31 Inaugural Lecture of Thomas Halverson, DeWitt Wallace Professor of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
- Apr 11 Macalester Concert Choir and Highland Camerata
- Apr 12 Chopin Society presents pianist Yevgeny Sudbin
- Apr 12 Wind Ensemble Concert
- Apr 14 Global Citizens Celebration
- Apr 17 Chamber Ensemble Concert
"Choosing a college is a lot less like choosing a product than it is like building a relationship," says President Brian Rosenberg.
Spring brings with it for high school seniors acceptance letters from a variety of colleges and universities. Choosing the right fit can be daunting.
"Many factors go into the decision about which college you might want to attend," says Rosenberg. "Among the most important will be cost but also value. What will you get out of your college experience?"
"Certainly one of our goals is to prepare every student for the workplace. But ultimately our goal is to train you not just for your first job but for your last job."
- Two out of three students pursue internships every year.
The downtown areas of St. Paul and Minneapolis are each only 10 minutes away by car.
- Sixty percent of Macalester students study abroad.
- Ninety countries are represented in the student body.
- Sixty-three percent of students pursue advance degrees within five years of graduation.