- Sep 18 EnviroThursday - "Helping Forests Adapt to a Changing Climate"
- Sep 18 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Film "The Act of Killing"
- Sep 19 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Poster sessions and roundtable presentations/discussions
- Sep 26 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Sep 26 Inventory: New Paintings by Lisa Bergh and Andrew Nordin Opening Reception
- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
"Choosing a college is a lot less like choosing a product than it is like building a relationship," says President Brian Rosenberg.
Spring brings with it for high school seniors acceptance letters from a variety of colleges and universities. Choosing the right fit can be daunting.
"Many factors go into the decision about which college you might want to attend," says Rosenberg. "Among the most important will be cost but also value. What will you get out of your college experience?"
"Certainly one of our goals is to prepare every student for the workplace. But ultimately our goal is to train you not just for your first job but for your last job."
- Two out of three students pursue internships every year.
The downtown areas of St. Paul and Minneapolis are each only 10 minutes away by car.
- Sixty percent of Macalester students study abroad.
- Ninety countries are represented in the student body.
- Sixty-three percent of students pursue advance degrees within five years of graduation.