- Oct 24 Fall Break
- Oct 29 Macalester New Music Series: Music from Copland House
- Oct 31 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Nov 8 Opening Reception: Ni De Aqui Ni De Alla From Neither Here Nor There: New and Recent Work by Raoul Deal
- Nov 13 Greg Brick, on “The Rediscovery of French Saltpeter Caves in Minnesota”
- Nov 21 Highland Camerata and Concert Choir
- Nov 23 Chamber Ensemble Concert
- Nov 27 Thanksgiving Break
- Dec 5 Orchestra Concert
- Dec 6 Early Music Ensemble Concert
The Smail Gallery in Olin-Rice Science Center presents a new exhibition, Macalester Under the Microscope, with fantastic microscopic images from pollen to vertebrate microfossils. Used in both teaching and research, the images are created using optical and electron microscope technologies. The exhibition is a collaborative effort of various science departments and is curated by Jeff Thole, Geology.
The James R. Smail Natural History and Science Gallery was established in honor of James Smail, a beloved biology professor and department chair.