- Apr 24 Guerrilla Warfare and Violence against Mexican Civilians in the US-Mexican War of 1846-1848
- Apr 24 Thursday Noon Recital
- Apr 24 Philosophy Colloquium - David Wong
- Apr 24 Eva von Dassow on “Making Myth in Mesopotamia: The Reign of Erra, God of War"
- Apr 25 Critical Theory Symposium: "Biopolitics and Ideology"
The Smail Gallery in Olin-Rice Science Center presents a new exhibition, Macalester Under the Microscope, with fantastic microscopic images from pollen to vertebrate microfossils. Used in both teaching and research, the images are created using optical and electron microscope technologies. The exhibition is a collaborative effort of various science departments and is curated by Jeff Thole, Geology.
The James R. Smail Natural History and Science Gallery was established in honor of James Smail, a beloved biology professor and department chair.