- Oct 31 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Nov 8 Opening Reception: Ni De Aqui Ni De Alla From Neither Here Nor There: New and Recent Work by Raoul Deal
- Nov 13 Greg Brick, on “The Rediscovery of French Saltpeter Caves in Minnesota”
- Nov 21 Highland Camerata and Concert Choir
- Nov 23 Chamber Ensemble Concert
- Nov 27 Thanksgiving Break
- Dec 5 Orchestra Concert
- Dec 6 Early Music Ensemble Concert
- Dec 6 African Music Ensemble Concert
- Dec 7 Asian Music Ensemble Concert
After weeks of construction, the Loch, Macalester’s expanded student lounge, opened on April16th. A group of faculty and students worked with Pope Architects to design the space whileMcGough handled the construction. The Loch features an enclosed video game area, a new BonAppetit food bar featuring made-to-order pizzas and Izzy’s ice cream, and additional seating.The popcorn, which was the hallmark of the old student lounge, is still free in the Loch. Thename was chosen deliberately to highlight Macalester’s Scottish roots and to maintain the themeof the Highlander, which previously occupied the space.
The expanded space is intended to provide students with a wider range of uses for the loungeincluding as a place for student organizations to hold events. There is a raised stage with lightingand a sound system designed for student performances. The week of the ribbon cutting wasmarked by events each day and long term programming is planned including continuing thetradition of Study Sundays and showing popular television events like Monday Night Footballthrough the projector above the stage.