- Apr 25 Spring Dance Concert
- Apr 25 Macalester Choirs: Bach Cantata #161 & Fauré Requiem
- Apr 27 Spring Dance Concert
- Apr 27 Macalester Chamber Ensembles Concert
- May 3 Macalester African Music Ensemble
- May 5 Naming Ceremony for the Joan Adams Mondale Hall of Studio Art
- May 6 Classes End
- May 7 HARAMBEE! A Celebration of Multicultural Life at Macalester
- May 11 Chopin Society presents pianist Richard Goode
- May 17 Baccalaureate and Commencement
After weeks of construction, the Loch, Macalester’s expanded student lounge, opened on April16th. A group of faculty and students worked with Pope Architects to design the space whileMcGough handled the construction. The Loch features an enclosed video game area, a new BonAppetit food bar featuring made-to-order pizzas and Izzy’s ice cream, and additional seating.The popcorn, which was the hallmark of the old student lounge, is still free in the Loch. Thename was chosen deliberately to highlight Macalester’s Scottish roots and to maintain the themeof the Highlander, which previously occupied the space.
The expanded space is intended to provide students with a wider range of uses for the loungeincluding as a place for student organizations to hold events. There is a raised stage with lightingand a sound system designed for student performances. The week of the ribbon cutting wasmarked by events each day and long term programming is planned including continuing thetradition of Study Sundays and showing popular television events like Monday Night Footballthrough the projector above the stage.