- Mar 6 Pushball - A Macalester Tradition
- Mar 6 Founders Day
- Mar 7 Macalester Orchestra Concerto Concert
- Mar 8 Chopin Society presents pianist Nelson Goerner
- Mar 31 Inaugural Lecture of Thomas Halverson, DeWitt Wallace Professor of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
- Apr 11 Macalester Concert Choir and Highland Camerata
- Apr 12 Chopin Society presents pianist Yevgeny Sudbin
- Apr 12 Wind Ensemble Concert
- Apr 14 Global Citizens Celebration
- Apr 17 Chamber Ensemble Concert
Macalester Chemistry Professor Named 2013 Henry Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar
August 22, 2013
St. Paul, Minn. - Chemistry Prof. Paul J. Fischer has been named a 2013 Henry Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar by the Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation. This honor includes an unrestricted five-year research grant of $60,000 to support Fischer's research program and chemical education work. Fischer was one of seven recipients this year.
The Henry Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Awards Program supports the research and teaching careers of young faculty in the chemical sciences at undergraduate institutions. Based on institutional nominations, the program provides discretionary funding to faculty at an early stage in their careers. The award is based on accomplishment in original scholarly research of outstanding quality with undergraduates, as well as a compelling commitment to teaching and undergraduate education. These scholars have strong publication records of research achievements in leading journals and sustained success in attracting research funding.
“Receiving the Henry Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Award will allow me to continue studying transition metal complexes in collaboration with Macalester students," said Fischer.
Fischer, who received his undergraduate and graduate degrees from the University of Minnesota, has been at Macalester since 2001.
Macalester College, founded in 1874, is a national liberal arts college with a full-time enrollment of 2,035 students. Macalester is nationally recognized for its long-standing commitment to academic excellence, internationalism, multiculturalism, and civic engagement. Learn more at macalester.edu.