- Apr 24 Guerrilla Warfare and Violence against Mexican Civilians in the US-Mexican War of 1846-1848
- Apr 24 Thursday Noon Recital
- Apr 24 Philosophy Colloquium - David Wong
- Apr 24 Eva von Dassow on “Making Myth in Mesopotamia: The Reign of Erra, God of War"
- Apr 25 Critical Theory Symposium: "Biopolitics and Ideology"
What We Did Over the Summer: Macalester Internships
By the time they graduate, two-thirds of Mac students complete internships, many of them only a few miles from the college’s St. Paul campus.
But over the summer months they range farther afield. In the summer that just passed, Mac students worked throughout the country, at such places as Microsoft, Hearst Publishing’s Veranda Magazine, and the United Nations Population Fund.
Here is a sampling of some other Mac student summer internships.
- Julia Gay, Youth Programs Intern, Adoption Network
- Molly Sir, Social Work Intern, Lawyers for Children
- Maya Vilaplana, College Booking Collective Summer Fellow, Bedlam Theatre
- Katherine Mohan, Research Intern, Alzheimer's Research Center
- Sana Naz, Teacher, Breakthrough Miami
- Sophors Khut, Cloud Development Intern, Valtira LLC
- Jie Shan, Software Development Intern, Microsoft Corporation
- Loveza Ahmed, Business Administration/Marketing Intern, Extended Exposure
- Paige Blazei, Outreach Coordinator & Executive Assistant, Consulting for Nonprofits
- Jose Caballero Ciciolli, Analyst Intern, Elevate Property Management
- Kunal Chauhan, Finance Intern, Community Reinvestment Fund, USA
- Kyle Coombs, Research and Development Intern, Community Land Trust of Schenectady, Inc.
- Christopher Curtis, Summer Intern, Punchcard
- Allison Dautrich, Research Assistant, The Stats Group
- Yinong Ding, Data Analyst, Midwest Dental
- Papa Diop Fund, Accounting Intern, Ameriprise Financial
- Huiting Fan, Market Analyst Intern, Heritage Wealth Architects
- Disa Hynsjo, Summer Associate, Dexis Consulting Group
- Yangming Li, Quantitative Analyst Intern, Lake Hill Capital Management
- Ha Song Pham, Research and Public Education, Minnesota Housing Partnership
- Amita Ramachandran, Finance Intern, KMS Financial
- Yuqi Ren, Finance Intern, First Children’s Finance
- John Sankara, Research Analyst, Metropolitan Economic Development Association
- Denghui Sun, Private Equity Analyst, Black River Asset Management
- Khanh Long Tran, Wealth Management Intern, UBS Financial Services Inc.
- Yue Wang, Financial Analyst Intern, Ecological Business District Management Committee of Jinjiang District Chengdu
- Xiang Yuan Yang, Investment Banking Analyst, JMP Securities
- Soo Young Lee, Marketing and Communications Intern, ESP System Professionals, Inc.
- Hannah Rehak, Access Intern, St. Paul Neighborhood Network
- Marina Weisburg, Editorial Intern, Veranda Magazine, Hearst Publishing
- Anne Shapiro, Solid Waste and Air Quality Intern, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Zijin Chen, Rail Operations Intern, Metro Transit Rail Systems Maintenance
- Zhe Yu, Lee Finance Intern, Rainforest Action Network
- Shelby Maidl, Project Intern, Sustainable Ely
- Lisa Hu Policy, Development/Implementation Focus Intern, Ramsey County Public Health (Environmental Health Division)
- Ruxi Zhang, Proliferation Prevention Program Research Intern, Center for Strategic & International Studies (CSIS)
- Cuong Le, IT Coordinator/Instructor, Exploration Junior Program
- Shivangi Pattnaik, Intern, Appfirst Inc
MEDIA AND CULTURAL STUDIES
- Jonathan McJunkin, Editorial Intern, City Pages
- Kate Spencer, Office Intern for News Desk, The Herald of Randolph (Vermont)
- Alexander Dangel, International Law Research, K&L Gates LLP
- Bassem El Remesh, Banker, Exploration Summer Programs
- Jacob Waxman, Research Intern, Peacekeeping and Stability Operations Institute
- Jolena Zabel, CCMC & UNFPA Intern, United Nations Population Fund
- Emily Bachhuber, Healthcare in Resource-Poor Setting Intern, Embangweni Hospital
- Myriem Benkirane, Servant Leader Intern, Park Avenue Youth and Family Services
- Ariana Lewis-Stevens, Intern, BioMedLink
- Bunchung Ly, Faculty Member, Explo at St. Mark’s School
- Simon Sanggaard, Project Assistant, University of Rochester’s Center for Translational Neuromedicine
- Christopher Alston, Investigative Internship, Bureau of Criminal Apprehension