- Mar 31 Inaugural Lecture of Thomas Halverson, DeWitt Wallace Professor of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
- Apr 2 Discussion: Greece in Turmoil
- Apr 11 Macalester Concert Choir and Highland Camerata
- Apr 12 Chopin Society presents pianist Yevgeny Sudbin
- Apr 12 Wind Ensemble Concert
- Apr 14 Global Citizens Celebration
- Apr 17 Chamber Ensemble Concert
- Apr 19 Early Music Ensemble Concert
- Apr 24 Spring Dance Concert
- Apr 26 Pipe Band Concert
The art world can be a complicated place, says art professor Ruthann Godollei. That’s why for her, being a working artist is an essential part of being a professor. “If I’m a practicing artist,” says Godollei, “and struggling to get my work shown and placed in the art world, that information is crucial to any [art] student who graduates from Macalester.”
Godollei, who incorporates political and social commentary into her pieces, has shown her prints around the world. She has also written several books, including one on art cars.
Art professor Stan Sears, a sculptor whose work is also shown internationally, echos Godollei’s sentiments. “It’s important to see that you can take something like art and make it into a real thing that’s part of the larger culture.”
Both are exhibiting their work in Macalester’s Law Warschaw Gallery, along with professors Eric William Carroll, Gary Erickson, Ruthann Godollei, Gudron Lock, Stanton Sears, Megan Vossler, and Christine Willcox.