- Apr 19 Early Music Ensemble Concert
- Apr 24 Spring Dance Concert
- Apr 26 Pipe Band Concert
- Apr 27 Pop and Jazz Combos Concert
- May 1 Opening reception for the Senior Thesis Show
- May 2 African Music Ensemble Concert
- May 10 Chopin Society presents pianist Nikolay Khozyainov
- May 16 Baccalaureate and Commencement
- May 16 Commencement
- Jun 5 Reunion 2015
The art world can be a complicated place, says art professor Ruthann Godollei. That’s why for her, being a working artist is an essential part of being a professor. “If I’m a practicing artist,” says Godollei, “and struggling to get my work shown and placed in the art world, that information is crucial to any [art] student who graduates from Macalester.”
Godollei, who incorporates political and social commentary into her pieces, has shown her prints around the world. She has also written several books, including one on art cars.
Art professor Stan Sears, a sculptor whose work is also shown internationally, echos Godollei’s sentiments. “It’s important to see that you can take something like art and make it into a real thing that’s part of the larger culture.”
Both are exhibiting their work in Macalester’s Law Warschaw Gallery, along with professors Eric William Carroll, Gary Erickson, Ruthann Godollei, Gudron Lock, Stanton Sears, Megan Vossler, and Christine Willcox.