- Apr 25 Spring Dance Concert
- Apr 25 Macalester Choirs: Bach Cantata #161 & Fauré Requiem
- Apr 27 Spring Dance Concert
- Apr 27 Macalester Chamber Ensembles Concert
- May 3 Macalester African Music Ensemble
- May 5 Naming Ceremony for the Joan Adams Mondale Hall of Studio Art
- May 6 Classes End
- May 7 HARAMBEE! A Celebration of Multicultural Life at Macalester
- May 11 Chopin Society presents pianist Richard Goode
- May 17 Baccalaureate and Commencement
The art world can be a complicated place, says art professor Ruthann Godollei. That’s why for her, being a working artist is an essential part of being a professor. “If I’m a practicing artist,” says Godollei, “and struggling to get my work shown and placed in the art world, that information is crucial to any [art] student who graduates from Macalester.”
Godollei, who incorporates political and social commentary into her pieces, has shown her prints around the world. She has also written several books, including one on art cars.
Art professor Stan Sears, a sculptor whose work is also shown internationally, echos Godollei’s sentiments. “It’s important to see that you can take something like art and make it into a real thing that’s part of the larger culture.”
Both are exhibiting their work in Macalester’s Law Warschaw Gallery, along with professors Eric William Carroll, Gary Erickson, Ruthann Godollei, Gudron Lock, Stanton Sears, Megan Vossler, and Christine Willcox.