- Jan 30 Opening conversation for "The Soul Selects her own Society: Women Artists from the Miller Meigs Collection"
- Feb 3 Taste of Service
- Feb 3 Macalester New Music Series presents INTERSECTION: Jazz Meets Classical Song
- Feb 4 'Moving Beyond Minnesota Nice:' Engaging Diversity in the Classroom
- Feb 12 Mitau Lecture
- Feb 17 Black History Month Keynote: Dr. Joy DeGruy - "Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome"
- Feb 18 Mental Health Awareness Film & Speaker
- Feb 19 The Inaugural Lecture of James Dawes as DeWitt Wallace Professor of English
- Feb 19 Robert Blanchette on "Tombs, sunken ships and historic huts: studying ancient wood reveals secrets from the past"
- Feb 19 Chamber Music at Macalester: Brahms Clarinet Quintet with Osmo Vanska
Archaeology Students' Posters Presented at MN Society of the Archaeological Institute of America
October 16, 2013
CATEGORY: College News
Two Macalester students and one 2013 graduate recently presented posters at the Third Annual Student Poster Presentations Session, Minnesota Society of the Archaeological Institute of America at the University of St. Thomas. Carol Mejía '15 and Kate Sinnott '14 presented posters detailing an archaeological survey in which they took part during the summer of 2013. The survey was undertaken at Macalester’s Katharine Ordway Natural History Study Area with Professor Scott Legge of Anthropology. Laura Holt ‘13 also presented a poster with the results of her senior honors project, which detailed her analysis of a collection of archaeological materials provided by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers from a site in Wisconsin.