- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 7 Art for Memory: An Itinerant Museum for the Flow of Memories
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
- Oct 23 Fall Break
- Oct 24 Fall Break
- Oct 29 Macalester New Music Series: Music from Copland House
- Oct 31 Admissions Fall Sampler
Archaeology Students' Posters Presented at MN Society of the Archaeological Institute of America
October 16, 2013
CATEGORY: College News
Two Macalester students and one 2013 graduate recently presented posters at the Third Annual Student Poster Presentations Session, Minnesota Society of the Archaeological Institute of America at the University of St. Thomas. Carol Mejía '15 and Kate Sinnott '14 presented posters detailing an archaeological survey in which they took part during the summer of 2013. The survey was undertaken at Macalester’s Katharine Ordway Natural History Study Area with Professor Scott Legge of Anthropology. Laura Holt ‘13 also presented a poster with the results of her senior honors project, which detailed her analysis of a collection of archaeological materials provided by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers from a site in Wisconsin.