- Apr 24 Guerrilla Warfare and Violence against Mexican Civilians in the US-Mexican War of 1846-1848
- Apr 24 Thursday Noon Recital
- Apr 24 Philosophy Colloquium - David Wong
- Apr 24 Eva von Dassow on “Making Myth in Mesopotamia: The Reign of Erra, God of War"
- Apr 25 Critical Theory Symposium: "Biopolitics and Ideology"
The Macalester Music Department presented two sampler concerts during Family Fest Weekend (Oct. 11-13). The concerts featured the Orchestra, under the direction of Mark Mandarano, and Mac Jazz, under the direction of Joan Griffith, the Highland Camerata and the Concert Choir, under the direction of Michael McGaghie, the newly formed Asian Music Ensemble, directed by Music Department Chair Chuen-Fung Wong, and the African Music Ensemble, under the direction of Sowah Mensah.