- Sep 18 EnviroThursday - "Helping Forests Adapt to a Changing Climate"
- Sep 18 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Film "The Act of Killing"
- Sep 19 Visualities of Memory Symposium: Poster sessions and roundtable presentations/discussions
- Sep 26 Admissions Fall Sampler
- Sep 26 Inventory: New Paintings by Lisa Bergh and Andrew Nordin Opening Reception
- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
On October 3, 2013, alumni connected in cities worldwide
An estimated 800 alumni attended MAC in the City in 29 cities around the world for Macalester's fourth annual evening of coordinated alumni events earlier this month, Thursday, October 3. MAC in the City (Macalester Alumni Connect in the City) provides a space for alumni living in the same regions to connect, reflect on their shared Macalester experiences, and share their insights into their communities.
The event saw yet another boost in popularity, with both the number of cities and the number of participants increasing, from 600 alumni gathered in 22 cities in 2012 to nearly 800 alumni gathered in 29 cities in 2013. Photos were shared instantaneously among locations via Google Plus.
Alumni are invited to help make next year's MAC in the City an even greater success. Contact Daymond at email@example.com to find out how you can help expand this annual event to even more cities and engage more alumni in 2014.