- Mar 12 French Lecture Series
- Mar 13 "Exodus Politics" with Dr. Robert Patterson - A Women's History Month Colloquium
- Mar 13 EnviroThursday - "The Indigenous Roots of Sustainable Forestry in the United States and an Environmental History of the Menominee Tribe of Wisconsin"
- Mar 16 Chopin Society presents pianist Inon Barnatan
- Mar 27 Philosophy Colloquium - Cheshire Calhoun
- Mar 27 Pete Ferderer Inaugural Lecture: Edward John Noble Professor of Economics
- Mar 28 Peeps Show 2014
- Apr 5 Macalester Choirs
On October 3, 2013, alumni connected in cities worldwide
An estimated 800 alumni attended MAC in the City in 29 cities around the world for Macalester's fourth annual evening of coordinated alumni events earlier this month, Thursday, October 3. MAC in the City (Macalester Alumni Connect in the City) provides a space for alumni living in the same regions to connect, reflect on their shared Macalester experiences, and share their insights into their communities.
The event saw yet another boost in popularity, with both the number of cities and the number of participants increasing, from 600 alumni gathered in 22 cities in 2012 to nearly 800 alumni gathered in 29 cities in 2013. Photos were shared instantaneously among locations via Google Plus.
Alumni are invited to help make next year's MAC in the City an even greater success. Contact Daymond at email@example.com to find out how you can help expand this annual event to even more cities and engage more alumni in 2014.