- Oct 5 Chopin Society presents pianist Lukáš Vondráček
- Oct 7 Art for Memory: An Itinerant Museum for the Flow of Memories
- Oct 9 International Roundtable
- Oct 10 Family Fest Weekend
- Oct 10 International Roundtable
- Oct 18 International Archaeology Day: "'Monuments Men (and Women):' Cultural Property in Conflict Today"
- Oct 23 Fall Break
- Oct 24 Fall Break
- Oct 29 Macalester New Music Series: Music from Copland House
- Oct 31 Admissions Fall Sampler
Here are a few of the events that our student photographers were able to capture this past week: the Anthropology Department held an open house; Chris MacDonald-Dennis, dean of Multicultural Life, was in the Cultural House kitchen for food and an informal discussion; Countdown to Commencement was hosted by the Career Development Center; sociologist Dr. Lisa Wade gave a talk about hooking up culture; La Mesa de Conversación, a Spanish conversation table, held its regular Wednesday meeting; a harvest festival celebrated the bounty of the MULCH garden; Little Scots, a mentoring program for girls in Grades 2-6, had their first event of the year at the women's Soccer vs. Bethel game.