- Apr 24 Guerrilla Warfare and Violence against Mexican Civilians in the US-Mexican War of 1846-1848
- Apr 24 Thursday Noon Recital
- Apr 24 Philosophy Colloquium - David Wong
- Apr 24 Eva von Dassow on “Making Myth in Mesopotamia: The Reign of Erra, God of War"
- Apr 25 Critical Theory Symposium: "Biopolitics and Ideology"
Photographers: Emma Pulido '14, Edda Veelik '16
School resumed with a bang after a brief fall break. Halloween events were scheduled in several departments and pumpkin painting and a party included the whole campus in the Campus Center. Many speakers were on campus: we caught a glimpse of a public lecture by Professor Janis Grobbelaar, professor and chair of the Department of Sociology, University of Pretoria, South Africa, and Retired Colonel Dwight Raymond of the U.S. Army Peacekeeping and Stability Operations Institute spoke about UN Peacekeeping, humanitarian intervention, and protecting civilians in conflict zones. Little Scots, a mentoring program for girls in grades 2-6, included Mac athletes and their mentees on Saturday in the Leonard Center. The Cultural House hosted its 19th Annual Poetry Slam on Saturday night, and Belozer'e–an interactive performance of folk songs and dances–featured a fashion show of 19th century Russian peasant clothing and a demonstration of Russian musical instruments, cosponsored by Russian Studies and Music.